Field Tools is an efficient, easy to use depth of field calculator for photographers working in the field. Using just a few touches, you can quickly calculate hyperfocal, near focus and far focus distances, all from a single screen. App settings are also a single touch away. Features include:
- Large, easy to read result display
- Switch distance type - hyperfocal, near limit, far limit and combined near/far limits - with a single touch
- Sliders for adjusting focal length, aperture and focus distance
- Configure multiple cameras and lenses and switch between them with just a few touches
- Results in meters or feet
Source code is available under the Apache Software License. Follow the link to the project page for more information.
Essential for view camera photographers
I was just about to write a feature request to the author when I saw the 2.0 update - at last I can configure for 8x10 camera and long lenses, with a custom CoC! This will be so useful when taking portraits with long lenses where awareness of DoF is critical. Thank you for a great and useful app that just got even better.