This version is for GLD systems running V1.6 firmware.
We recommend that you disable any automatic updating to avoid unexpected incompatibility with the firmware version your mixer is running.
GLD Remote is an engineer’s mixing tool providing wireless mobile control for the Allen & Heath GLD digital live sound mixing console. It gives you the freedom to walk the room or stage and control the sound right where it is needed.
GLD Remote and the GLD console can work together to provide simultaneous control of independent functions, for example one engineer using the console to mix front-of-house sound, and another using the iPad to mix monitors on stage. Several iPads can be connected, each providing independent control.
GLD Remote is intended for working with the mix and channel processing. Things you can control:
- Fader levels, mutes, pan
- Aux and FX sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
- Matrix sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
- DCA masters and assignments
- Preamp Gain, Pad and 48V
- Trim and Polarity
- HPF, Gate, PEQ, GEQ, Comp, Delays
- FX tap tempo, Global tap tempo
- RTA function
- Channel names and colour
- PAFL select
- Full signal metering
- Custom strips for personalised channel layout
GLD Remote is not intended for system setup or memory access. The following functions are not available at the iPad:
- AMM (automatic mic mixer) setup
- FX parameter control (apart from tap tempo)
- Input source, insert and output patchbay
- Channel ganging
- Aux source routing options
- Library, Scene and Show memory store and recall
- Scene Recall Filters and Safes edit
- Signal Generator
- System configuration, options and preferences
- User Profiles
An Allen & Heath GLD mixing console running V1.6 version firmware, with a suitable wireless router (wireless access point) connected to its Network port. The GLD console and Remote firmware maintenance version number do not need to be identical, for example Remote V1.60 would run on GLD V1.61. Refer to the Allen & Heath web site for more information and to download the latest GLD console firmware.
Update for GLD Firmware 1.6
Bug fixes and improvements