First released in 2009, GoodReader marks its 10-year anniversary with a better-than-ever major upgrade, GoodReader 5.
It's not easy to outperform ourselves after 10 years of delivering wonderful updates with extraordinary new features, but we did it! Again!
Already top in its class, and everybody's favorite go-to tool, GoodReader just got significantly better.
GoodReader is a perfect combination of document-reading and file-managing capabilities. It's your one-stop shop for all your document needs when you're on the go with your iOS device.
Use the app once, and you'll be hooked. Soon you'll be wondering how you ever managed to work without it.
-= File Reading =-
PDF, TXT, MS Office, iWork, HTML, pictures, music & audio-books, videos. This is what you can view in GoodReader, plus you can also annotate PDF files and edit TXT files.
-= PDF Reading and Annotating =-
PDF files is where GoodReader truly shines. Reading experience is so superior, it's hard to describe. To rephrase one of our customers' review, "try it, and you'll see." While you're at it, give our PDF Reflow feature a try. You'll be surprised how much better PDF reading goes when you don't have to scroll left/right all the time, for every single line of text.
Annotating PDFs is another star feature of our app. Adding notes and drawings, highlighting text, and then sharing your annotated files or annotation summaries will be your main productivity and collaboration asset.
-= File Management =-
While reading files is a big part of GoodReader, it's not all it can do. It can also serve as a central hub for all your files, even those that can't be opened by GoodReader itself. It's like bringing your personal computer experience to your mobile device — easily managing huge collections of files and folders will make you forget you don't have your laptop around.
-= Connecting =-
Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box.com, WebDAV, SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP — these are all accessible from inside GoodReader. Download, upload, and sync individual files or huge folder collections.
-= Security =-
With GoodReader, your data security steps up to the level previously only dreamt of. With Pro Pack (*), our new set of professional-level super-features, you'll get AES-256, a military-grade encryption, for all your data, at a price of a cup of coffee! And it's completely independent from the built-in Apple's Data Protection, so even if a hacker steals and unlocks your device, your data will still be protected by another strong layer of security, our own.
-= Split-Screen =-
A part of the Pro Pack (*) add-on, this wonderful new feature allows you to split an iPad screen in half, to read two files side-by-side. And even two different parts of the same file!
-= Privacy =-
Our commitment is to never monitor any user activity or gather any analytical data through the app. There are no usernames, profiles or accounts to log in to. Use the tool at your leisure with ZERO monitoring.
(*): Pro Pack is a paid add-on, sold separately from inside the app, as an in-app purchase.
- completely new UI design: everything is better, faster, easier to find, more intuitive, with a modern new look
- completely redesigned PDF viewer: much smoother scrolling, zooming, and page turning
- PDF: continuous "pageless" scrolling mode
- Split Screen (iPad only) to view two files or two different parts of the same file, side-by-side*
- military-grade AES-256 encryption for files & folders*
- add password protection (with strong AES-256 encryption) to PDF files*
- upgrade weak encryption of old PDF files to AES-256*
- create password-protected AES-256 encrypted ZIP archives*
- Secure Photocopy, to completely eliminate all traces of invisible, hidden, or redacted information in a PDF file*
- secure options for individual PDF pages: email, extract, or export as a separate password-protected file, as a secure photocopy, or both*
- secure option to e-mail or export any file or folder as a password-protected ZIP*
- easier closing of and switching between files: just swipe the left or right edge of the screen
- access to OneDrive for Business
- Switch Drives for SharePoint / OneDrive for Business / Office 365*
- improved Apple Pencil support: start annotating immediately after touching the screen, use Apple Pencil 2's double-tap to switch tools
- Trash for deleted files & folders
- new Box.com API, now supporting 2-step authentication
- support for Apple's "Open in Place": depending on the app sending a file to GoodReader, GoodReader may open the source file residing in that app rather than copying the file to GoodReader
- "Convert to PDF" for pictures or TXT files, plus improved support for built-in iOS conversion for HTML, iWork, and MS Office files*
- completely redesigned video player with new controls: chapters, frame-by-frame forwarding/rewinding, jumping by 30 seconds, saving a screenshot* as a separate file
- completely redesigned graphics viewer: much smoother scrolling, zooming, and page turning; easier handling of multiple image tasks like emailing, printing, or PDF conversion
- support for multi-page TIFF: view page-by-page, extract* individual pages
- better support for animated GIF: view frame-by-frame, extract individual frames*, play the real-time animation
- completely new WiFi-transfer: much easier transfer of files via a web browser on a computer, with drag-and-drop
- new file list mode: large icons, in addition to existing list and small icon modes
- file list: multi-column list mode
- file-list: auto-scrolling for extra-long file names that don't fit the screen
- better drag-n-drop for files and folders: now with the option of copying or moving
- completely new PDF Reflow: now with continuous "pageless" scrolling, with embedded preview thumbnails for each page
- file list preview thumbnails now support more file types: TXT, HTML, iWork, MS Office
- better PDF Annotations Summary: choose what types of annotations and what type of information to include in the summary*
- TXT: pre-composed color schemes for Day and Night reading modes
- new menu auto-hide options: hide all bars automatically, leave the status bar on, don't auto-hide bars
- countless improvements to every aspect of the app, amounting to a much more efficient and enjoyable experience
(*) - a part of Pro Pack, requires an in-app purchase