The Unarchiver is a small and easy to use program that can unarchive many different kinds of archive files. It will open common formats such as Zip, RAR (including v5), 7-zip, Tar, Gzip and Bzip2. It will also open many older formats, such as StuffIt, DiskDoubler, LZH, ARJ and ARC. It will even open other kinds of files, like ISO and BIN disc images, some Windows .EXE installers. The list is actually much longer - see the program homepage for the full list.
The Unarchiver also tries to detect and correctly handle the filename encoding in the archives it opens, allowing you to open files from every part of the world without getting garbled filenames.
The Unarchiver aims to be the only unarchiving program you will ever need, and to stay out of your way.
However, if you want to browse the contents of archives, or if you want to support development of The Unarchiver, look for "The Archive Browser" on the Mac App Store, or go to http://theunarchiver.com/archive-browser! It lets you browse and preview archive contents, and find out information about archives!
Also, if you need to open archives on your iPad or iPhone, look for "Archives" on the App Store, or go to http://theunarchiver.com/archives. It is based on The Unarchiver, and lets you easily handle Archives on iOS!
What a glorious day! We know you've been waiting for this update to happen for so long. And in turn we wanted to bring you something worthy. So, fasten your seat belts, here we go.
• New icon is here.
• UI was given a makeover: we leveled every string of text and measured every indent.
• Localizations were meticulously checked, fixed and then checked again. BTW, did you find an error? Tell our support and we'll fix it right away.
• Speed was improved. You can now get the contents of the archive you’ve just downloaded much much faster.
• More RAR4, RAR5 and multipart fixes mean even more weird archives could and will be extracted.
• Symbolic links inside of ZIP archives won't be broken upon extraction anymore.
• Sometimes, upon trying to open an especially large archive, The Unarchiver would crash. That has been fixed.
• Password protected archives used to crash The Unarchiver in some cases. Well, not anymore!
• Extracting multiple files won't bug you with multiple "Extract to.." pop-ups.
• Sømé characters in file and folder names caused random crashes. We've fixed that.
com.apple.quarantine拡張属性(EA)を(未検証フラグで?)伸長ファイルに付けるのをやめてほしい。伸長したファイルが再び圧縮ファイルだった場合で再びThe Unarchiverで伸長しようとすると、セキュリティアイコンと共に「○○を検証中…」のダイアログが出て検証の間待たされるのがイライラします。high SIerraで確認。