iKanji 2 is the ultimate Japanese kanji and vocabulary study app for the Mac.
Quickly browse and search kanji which are organised by school grade and JLPT level. View stroke animations, example words and search by radical parts and more.
Spaced repetition based training will help teach you each kanji, testing you on the meanings and readings for each.
Study over 7,000 common Japanese words with the vocabulary browser. Easily add your own words and organise words into sets for study. Then use iKanji's powerful spaced repetition training system to learn the vocabulary.
iKanji 2 requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later and is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or earlier
- Adds JLPT vocab sets
- Increased size of Japanese text in several parts of the UI to improve usabilty
- Added option to set length of training sessions in the preferences window
- Fixes a text layout bug in the training window (kanji and vocab) under OS X 10.11.
- Fixes a problem exporting vocab sets
- Fixes a problem where training certain subsets of kanji could fail
Very good but
The kanji section is great but the vocab section is just ok. It has all the vocab you would ever need. But there are now vocab lists for any of the JLPT sets like the iKanji touch app has. Why even do this? It needs to be updated. It hasnt been updated for more then a year. Plus there is a bug that makes the app freeze when trying to make your own lists.