This application is a multilingual Japanese dictionary that does not require an internet connection.
Imiwa? was created using the amazing JMdict files from the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group based on the work of Jim Breen on the EDICT project.
While some definitions are available in 4 languages (English, French, Russian and German), only the English translation is guaranteed for all entries in the JMDict dictionary. Initiate a search in any of those 4 languages, in Japanese or in romaji and imiwa? will do the rest.
imiwa? Also includes a rich database of kanji (KanjiDic), examples (from tatoeba.org) and conjugations as well as tools suitable for beginners.
Use the Traditional Chinese character recognition keyboard included in the iOS system for drawing kanji on screen.
- Italian language in dictionary definitions
- Similar kanji information
- Faster dictionary and example search
- Kanji lookup by external reference number
- くれる and いい conjugation
- Images search shortcut (tap and hold Japanese word in dictionary display)
- Save backup to cloud services
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect - Language life jacket !
Have used multiple Japanese dictionary apps over the years, but this is the best! JPLT test Kanji, levels N5~N1 section is very useful too.
Amazing this was a free app, would happily pay ¥400 for it.
I hope can add chinese and add detail information. I can donation to support you. Do your best!!
Probably would have given up on Japanese if not for this app
Across eight years of studying Japanese and four years of living in Japan, I've looked up 3000+ words (I know because I logged the on the list functions), and I would guess that there have been less than 100 times I've looked up a word and it wasn't in this dictionary. Worth the cost of buying a smartphone to use this app.
- Pierre-Philipp di Costanzo
- 979.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Pierre-Philippe di Costanzo 2008-2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.