This application is a multilingual Japanese dictionary that does not require an internet connection.
Imiwa? was created using the amazing JMdict files from the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group based on the work of Jim Breen on the EDICT project.
While some definitions are available in 4 languages (English, French, Russian and German), only the English translation is guaranteed for all entries in the JMDict dictionary. Initiate a search in any of those 4 languages, in Japanese or in romaji and imiwa? will do the rest.
imiwa? Also includes a rich database of kanji (KanjiDic), examples (from tatoeba.org) and conjugations as well as tools suitable for beginners.
Use the Traditional Chinese character recognition keyboard included in the iOS system for drawing kanji on screen.
- Italian language in dictionary definitions
- Similar kanji information
- Faster dictionary and example search
- Kanji lookup by external reference number
- くれる and いい conjugation
- Images search shortcut (tap and hold Japanese word in dictionary display)
- Save backup to cloud services
Ratings and Reviews
In my opinion this is one of THE best apps on the App Store. Seriously. So much well made goodness that I can’t believe you can get this for free. The author could easily make it one of the more expensive apps and it would still be worth it. So the only thing to say is Thank you for making it available for free.
Best app for learning japanese
Very good but cannot download it with the new iOS?? Help me please😞
Best on iOS
Excellent application I use on a daily basis.
I would love to have it run on MacOS as well to use on laptop with work and emails.
- Pierre-Philipp di Costanzo
- 979.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Pierre-Philippe di Costanzo 2008-2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.