LightBlue® Explorer can connect you to all of your devices that use Bluetooth Low Energy (also known as Bluetooth Smart, or Bluetooth Light).
LightBlue® Explorer has two modes, central and peripheral. In central mode, you can scan for and connect to all BLE devices around you. Once connected, you have a detailed view of all the device's profiles, from which you can read and write to characteristics and subscribe to notifications.
To use peripheral mode, tap the blue circle next to one of the profiles listed under "Virtual Peripherals." When the blue checkmark appears, your iOS device will begin advertising as that particular BLE peripheral. LightBlue® Explorer allows you to customize the services and characteristics of any virtual peripheral profile. Tap the "+" in the top right corner of the home screen to add new virtual peripherals. You can also clone any peripheral you connect to in central mode and save that profile to your list of virtual peripherals.
Full support of read, write, and notify is included. You can view the signal strength (RSSI) to get an idea of how close you are to the peripheral.
The log feature allows you to keep track of all significant BLE events that occur while using the app (e.g., device discovery, connection, reading, writing).
Use LightBlue® Explorer to test your new BLE Heart Rate Monitor, temperature sensor, TI CC2540 Keyfob, Nordic uBlue, Panasonic PAN1720, etc. LightBlue® Explorer is also ideal for developers wanting to test the firmware of their own BLE peripherals.
- Scan for any peripherals
- Grab basic device info (UUID, RSSI )
- Browse Characteristics and Services
- Register for Notifications and Indications
- Send Data from Notifications and Indications to AWS IoT or Adafruit IO
- Read Characteristics
- Write to Characteristics in Hex, Oct, Bin, Decimal or Ascii
- Clone peripheral profiles
- Choose from an array of common preconfigured peripheral profiles
- Advertise as a peripheral using custom profiles
- Thoroughly log BLE events
This app will not work on iPhone4, iPhone3GS, iPhone3G or iPod Touches before the 5th generation, or any other iOS device without built-in Bluetooth Low Energy support.
- Got a shiny new iPhone X? We've updated our app to also look great on your new iPhone!
- In case you missed it, we announced Cloud Connect, a new feature in LightBlue® Explorer for connected BLE devices that support indications or notifications! Visit our blog at https://punchthrough.com/blog for more information!
Open source please