LiPHY is the next generation VLC (Visible Light Communication) scanning app for your iPhone and iPad.
* LiPHY enabled LED lights and drivers can be purchased from our official website.
What is VLC?
VLC technology utilizes visible light emanating from light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to transmit information signals wirelessly through the air. These signals can be captured using your smartphone running the LiPHY application by just pointing your phone towards the light source. With LED being widely used in the illumination and display devices, LiPHY is compatible with a wide variety of LED lighting, signages and displays.
Why VLC with LiPHY?
• Visible light can be recognized instantly. Even in crowded area, the recognition can be done whenever the light is in the line-of-sight.
• Each light can be programmed to a unique identifier which can not be replicated by a third party making this technology very secure.
• Light containing location information can provide Augmented Reality effects via LiPHY.
Easy to install
• This technology can be easily enabled using our LiPHY LED Driver with your existing LED lights, light boxes and signages. Check out our website to find the suitable hardware to go with your lighting.
- Added support for LiPHY LCD Tag scanning
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved detection sensitivity for newer models
- Content Update button is added in the settings to receive the updated content from the lights
- New AR mode is featured that triggers content animations from light
- You can now turn off continuous scanning mode from settings to save battery and use manual scan mode where you can scan lights by pressing and holding a button