Luminair 3 is a professional-grade lighting control app, exclusively for iOS, that gives lighting designers, filmmakers and TV professionals, musicians, artists and other enthusiasts advanced control over DMX-enabled lights, as well as the next generation of "Smart" lights like Philips Hue.
Luminair’s unparalleled, multi-touch friendly controls were first developed back in 2008 in the first days of the App Store.
The app has gone on to be used in every corner of the globe, on everything from Oscar-winning films, in museum exhibitions, by artists and musicians, event professionals, as well as in theaters, clubs and houses of worship. Luminair for iPad received a Lighting Control “Product of the Year” award in 2012 from Live Design magazine, one of the leading industry publications.
Luminair 3 is the next generation of mobile lighting control, and this release truly represents the original vision of it’s designers. With the newly modernized user-interface, and features such as the new Dynamic FX engine, Scheduling, Remote for Apple Watch, Touch ID-powered Lockdown mode, and Tap to Bump, the creative possibilities are now limitless.
- Optimized for iPad Pro
- One DMX Output Universe
- One Art-Net DMX Input Universe for creating Snapshot scene recordings from another lighting console
- Works with any Art-Net or sACN E1.31 compliant DMX interface
- Transmits Art-Net and sACN E1.31 over built-in Wi-Fi hardware
- Transmits KiNET to Philips Color Kinetics power supplies over built-in Wi-Fi hardware
- Supports Art-Net, sACN and KiNET over wired ethernet connections with optional Redpark L2-NET lightning-to-ethernet cable accessory (available separately)
- Project based system allows you to create different documents and switch between them easily in Project selection view
- LTP faders with fully-configurable scene parameters
- DMX FX Engine* with a Movement generator, Oscillator, Color Looping, Random Color/Intensity, Fire, Water, and Television FX
- Palette/preset based movement system allows you to control and edit movements of multiple moving lights together in unison
- Sequences allow you to play back scenes with customized fade and hold times
- Sound Active mode allows for music controlled light shows using the built-in microphone, external sound sources, or Inter-App Audio
- Innovative tap-to-bump gesture allows you to quickly bump the levels of a scene while holding it's button, releasing those levels when let go
- Scheduling features built-in for triggering any scene or sequence. Great for architectural lighting, installations and related work.
- Supports simultaneous control of DMX and Hue lights in the same project
- Touch ID powered Lockdown mode allows you to lock specific parts of the Luminair user interface. Great for passing off control to volunteers or other lighting novices.
- Includes Luminair Remote for Apple Watch (on iPhone devices)
- Supports various external control methods as MIDI, MIDI over Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi, Geofences, OSC Input, Philips Hue Tap light switches
- User manual included in iBooks format
- Streaming video overview tutorials are included (requires internet connection)
- Additional support for iBeacons, MSC, MTC, and an Astronomical clock for Schedule mode are available as separate In-App Purchases
- 64-bit app with a scalable UI that uses the latest Apple technologies like iCloud, Core Animation, Core MIDI, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch and more to deliver an exceptional user experience
This is just a taste of what Luminair 3 offers... Please visit luminairapp.com for full details!
Please follow us @SyntheFX on Twitter for the latest Luminair news!
*FX engine and movement generator require iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad 3rd-generation, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5, or iPod touch 5th generation or greater
IMPORTANT: Luminair 3 requires external DMX or Hue hardware to control lights, but can also be used in an "offline" mode for building projects and as a learning tool.
- Added profiles for LiteGear fixtures
- Fixes a problem that could occur when deleting a fixture from the controls view
- Fixes a problem that could occur with linked fixtures when rearranging order
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Celebrating 10 years of Luminair app on iOS! Thank you for your continued support. For further assistance with this update or any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us at https://support.luminairapp.com