The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
MarsEdit is the best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
Free to download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens of other systems that support standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
This update fixes a couple bugs:
- Add a Photos Library usage explanation to make accessing Photos on macOS Mojave 10.14 more reliable
- Fix a bug where the Preview Window sometimes didn't update to reflect changed CSS rules in a template
Recently updated in 4.2.1:
- Dark Mode: fix text color in Crash Reporter console log display
- Support "Extended Entry" content in preview template downloader
- Restore support for dragging URLs from Safari into MarsEdit's editor
Recently updated in 4.2:
- Supports Dark Mode in macOS Mojave
- Avoids aggressively reloading the preview window after inserting an image into a post
- Restores ability for MarsEdit to launched as a login item but "hidden" in background
- Fixes a bug that could cause post content to be lost on conversion from Rich Text when a more tag is present
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
1) ver. 3.7.11と比べて動きがモッサリとしてストレスを感ずる。とくに日本語テキストの入力，削除は打鍵に画面表示が追いつかない！ これで使い物になるだろうか？
2) 現バージョン 4.0.3ではエディターでのプレーンテキスト（HTMLテキスト）編集時のエディターがBBEditとTextWranglerしか使えない。TextWrangerはすでにHighSierraには対応してないはずなのにである。
3) Media Manager画面でも，右ペインの入力項目欄が上下に離散していて使いづらい。
4) 投稿／固定ページの入力画面でのToolbar項目にSave as Draftボタンが無くなっている。
Hello - I am sorry that I cannot respond in Japanese. I am going to try my best with Google Translate to understand your feedback, and respond in English in case it helps. If you, or any other users want to follow up with me directly you can email me email@example.com.
1. I have not heard of any performance problems with Japanese input. I will keep my ears open about this. Particularly if anybody has a specific example I could reproduce the problems with, even as a non-Japanese speaker, I would be grateful.
2. The "External Editor" functionality is now limited to BBEdit and TextWrangler because of "Application Sandboxing" which Apple now requires all Mac App Store apps to embrace. This limits the ability of MarsEdit to interface with most apps, but because BBEdit and TextWrangler are not sandboxed, it still works in that case.
3. It sounds like the reorganization of fields in the Media Manager are annoying to you. I thought I was making an improvement but if you have a specific example of fields that should be grouped together for more ease, please let me know!
4. I removed the "Save as Draft" button because MarsEdit now uses Apple's standard autosave functionality. It should never be necessary to actively save as a draft, but if you want to you can still use the menu item, or corresponding keyboard shortcut.
I hope this helps, and you are able to make some meaning from it even if it is written in English. Thanks so much for giving MarsEdit 4 a try!
Daniel Jalkut - Red Sweater Software founder, and developer of MarsEdit.
Thanks for fixing!! missing featured image when reposting
very nice app. but everytime I get a post from my blog, the featured image is looked as if it is exist, but in fact it is eliminated when i send the post to my blog again. This is critically bad. Please fix it ASAP.
Thank you very much for fixing the bug I mentioned. I suprised the speed of you to respond and fix the bug. Now I’m very happy to use this app. Thanks a lot !!!!
Hi there! I haven't heard of a problem like this before. It makes me wonder if it might be something about the specific configuration of the blog that is causing the problem. If it's a bug in MarsEdit I would love to get it fixed. Will you please email me firstname.lastname@example.org with more information about the issue so I can look into what's going on? Thanks! - Daniel