By Hong Kong Observatory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The “MyObservatory” is one of the most popular weather app providing location-specific weather service in Hong Kong. If permission is granted to determine user’s location, temperature, relative humidity, rainfall, wind direction and speed, as well as weather photograph collected from nearby weather stations will be displayed.
Note to users:
1. The notificaiton service of weather warnings, Special Weather Tips, and Location-based Rain Forecast is provided through the Apple Push Notification service (APNs). The Hong Kong Observatory cannot guarantee the reception of the above notifications by users. Users should not rely on the mobile app as the only means for reception of important weather information. Depending on factors such as network usage and quality of user's mobile phone connection, it may take 5 to 20 minuntes or even longer for the app to receive the notification after it is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory.
2. Use of Location-based Rain Forecast notification will increase the battery usage and data download slightly. Users who wish to save battery usage of the app may enable the notification function in rainy days and before outdoor activities, and disable the function in sunny days and after finishing the outdoor activities. Meanwhile, selecting options of less frequent update and lower postion accuracy in the advanced settings of the notification function may also save battery usage.
3. Although the “MyObservatory” is a free app, user will be charged by their mobile network service provider on the use of data service. These charges can become very expensive on roaming. Please ensure that the option of “Data Roaming” have been disabled in the settings of your mobile devices.
4. In the “My Location Settings”, users can opt for using the automatic location service provided by the smartphone, or designating “My Location” on the map themselves. This location will be displayed on the main page and in “My Weather Report”. The meteorological data displayed on the same page is provided by meteorological stations nearby, and is not necessarily from a station in the same region. In case meteorological data is not available from nearby stations, data from other meteorological stations at headquarter of the Observatory, King’s Park, and Star Ferry will be used instead. Meanwhile, “Hong Kong Observatory” will be used as “My Location”.
5. The location displayed in the function of "My Weather Report" is provided by third party provider. The Hong Kong Observatory does not guarantee the accuracy of the information.
6. Owing to the difference in topography and altitude between the weather station and user's location, and also the error in the estimated postiion given by the mobile device, users should note that weather information displayed on the app may be different from actual conditions in using the "MyObservatory".
7. The maximum and minimum temperatures displayed on the main page and the "My Weather Report" are today's forecast temperature specific to "My Location".
8. The clock on the main page of the app is displayed with HKT synchronizing automatically to the Observatory's Internet Time Server, and may not be the same as the time displayed on the smartphone.
What's New in Version 5.4.0
- Optimize the program and fix program bug.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 22, 2016
- Version: 5.4.0
- Size: 140 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Hong Kong Observatory
- © Hong Kong Observatory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.