nRF Toolbox works with a wide range of Bluetooth Low Energy accessories.
It contains applications demonstrating BLE profiles: Cycling Speed and Cadence, Running Speed and Cadence, Heart Rate Monitor, Blood Pressure Monitor, Health Thermometer, Glucose Monitor, Proximity Monitor and many more.
The Device Firmware Update (DFU) profile, that is also included, allows you to upload the application image over-the-air (OTA). It is compatible with Nordic Semiconductor nRF5x devices that have the SoftDevice and DFU Bootloader installed.
The source code of this application is available on GitHub:
The DFU Library is available here:
* Fixed an issue with DFU error messages not being displayed in the DFU View.
* Added ability to select Softdevice + Bootloader merged Hex files.
* Improved UI for firmware type selection in DFU view.
* Fixed bug causing a permission error to appear as soon as the HomeKit request gets granted.
* Added ability to select the scope for firmware upgrades when using distribution packets, this allows you to flash a specific part of the package instead of the entire file, for example you may now flash application only, system components only or all package contents.
* Added an activity indicator in cases where HomeKit DFU command takes longer than expected.
* Added ability to switch homes in HomeKit view.
* Removed automatic home creation in HomeKit view, now you can manually create the home.
* When HomeKit has multiple homes setup, you can now easily switch target homes.
* Improved error handling, you will now see actual error messages related to HomeKit instead generic errors.
* Updated iOSDFULibrary 4.1.1 with bugfix: when a multi-part DFU process is initiated, sometimes when waiting for the peripheral to reboot between parts being flashed, the central will connect to a wrong peripheral, this is now resolved and will no longer connect to random DFU peripherals.