A powerful yet simple podcast player, with Smart Speed, Voice Boost, and Smart Playlists to help you listen to more podcasts in more places, try new shows, and completely control your experience.
Overcast is a modern, fully featured audio podcast player with many useful features in a simple, intuitive interface:
- Download podcasts for playing anytime, even when offline.
- Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get recommendations from Twitter.
- Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
- Receive optional push notifications when new episodes arrive.
- Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
- Download podcasts over cellular, set a sleep timer, or use Voice Boost to enhance and normalize speech volume.
- Adjust playback speed, and use Smart Speed to shrink silences and pick up extra speed without distorting the conversation.
- 3D Touch support
- Rich notifications
- Apple Watch app with standalone podcast playback
- CarPlay support
Overcast is ad-supported. If you choose to purchase Overcast Premium to remove ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for Overcast Premium is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
- CarPlay improvements
- Other minor fixes
More features and better implementation
Syncing to Apple Watch unstable
The app is pretty good in general, but the main reason I switched to it over Downcast was the ability to play directly from my Apple Watch. Unfortunately, syncing to the Watch is unstable and usually doesn’t work. I reported this problem to the developer, but no reply. Also other people seem to be having similar issues, but no official response.
I got disappointed after buying the app..
Thought it would be intuitive to find how to binge hearing a podcast that I subscribed to, but instead I had to manually play each episode, after previous was ended.
Trying to make a playlist didn't help because there were too many options and I got confused with the exclude/ include modes.
Hope they’ll get better.