POLYGLOTS MONDO - an app that unlocks Japanese reading, listening and learning Japanese.
MONDO is made for all who have an interest in Japan, especially people studying Japanese who want to read and listen above their current level to access interesting content.
- Basic features are all Free.
Some premium feature needs "In App Purchase". See below "About premium feature".
- No need to register
1. MONDO lets you create an individualised reading program based on your interests and reading level:
- Relevant articles: MONDO includes articles which are categorised based on area of interest, such as Japanese news, art, food, drink, subcultures, and much more.
- Difficulty: articles are sortable by difficulty level to help you target the right reading difficulty level, if desired.
- Expected time to read: articles display the expected reading time, so you can choose to read shorter or longer articles based on your available time.
2. MONDO lets you read Japanese smoothly:
- Simple Tap Dictionary: If you find an unknown word when you read an article, tap the word and it will be shown in Hiragana and English. This enables you to understand an article even if there are many kanji you cannot yet read, while helping you improve your kanji study at the same time.
- Smart Scrolling: Articles can scroll automatically at your desired reading speed, to help improve your natural Japanese reading comprehension.
3. MONDO enriches your Japanese vocabulary and helps you learn through its “smart study” capability:
- Your Wordbook: Words you look up are automatically saved into your wordbook. This creates an automatic dictionary of new words you are learning, for future reference and study.
- Word Test: MONDO can create automated quizzes for you based on the words in your wordbook, to help you truly learn the meaning and the kanji.
4. MONDO includes a Japanese English Dictionary:
- MONDO’s onboard dictionary lets you look up words “in app” without resorting to browser-based translation programs.
- Words you look up in the Dictionary are also saved into your wordbook, further enabling your mastering of reading Japanese.
5. HandShake feature:
- You can find Japanese friends, and friends learning Japanese language.
- When you shake hands with other user, you can connect with them and see their study logs.
6. MONDO has feature to help your listening comprehension:
- You can listen to an audio narrated by native Japanese speaker.
- This content teaches you useful Japanese expressions through daily conversations
- Including an audio narrated by native Japanese speaker
# About premium features
- You can listen to an audio narrated by native Japanese speaker unlimited
- "本田家の日常" is available
- USD 1.99 / month, USD 10.99 / 6 months, USD 17.99 / year
- You can chat and Q&A with Japanese teachers and also use Listening Practice feature, "本田家の日常" feature unlimited.
- USD 8.49 / month, USD 41.99 / 6 months, USD 74.99 / year
3. Super HandShake
- If you use "Super HandShake" in HandShake feature, you can notice your handshake offer to others.
- 5 Tickets : USD 2, 10 Tickets : USD 3, 20 Tickets : USD 4.
## About Basic and Gold (auto-renewable subscription)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Terms of paid Services
Get it now!
1. Fixes some bugs
Audio quality is poor
Though content is reasonable and hard work is being done, quality of audio is still (yes, I gave this feedback via customer feedback within app also) poor. Even at times there is background noise.
Another issue is, there are issues with audio playback if headset is not connected.
Ohh yes, I am premium member of this app.
Really great conceptually
The audio in the daily talk needs to be normalized. The talking is very quiet but then the laughing is so loud it breaks my eardrums
Love the app, but it keeps crashing
The app is great for learning Japanese and also keeping up with the latest news. I love that it has so many different categories to choose from and you can easily look up words that you don’t know.
However, the biggest problem for me is that the app crashes a lot when I try to look up words. This is really frustrating when I’m trying to read as fast as possible but end having to restart the app and find my place again. Please fix this and I’d be willing to upgrade to premium.
We are so sorry for the inconvenience.
We fixed the issue.
So we appreciate if you try to look up some words and check the app still works.
- POLYGLOTS inc.
iOS 9.0以降。iPhone、iPad、およびiPod touchに対応。
- © 2018 POLYGLOTS, Inc.
- Premium Subscription Basic ¥240
- Premium Subscription Gold ¥980
- Premium Subscription Listening only ¥2,100