Simple but powerful Japanese-English, English-Japanese dictionary app.
The app's features include:
● Over 170.000 dictionary entries with readings and english meaning
● Over 6.500 kanji characters with stroke order
● Over 730.000 Japanese names, place names and institution names
● Over 147.000 example sentences with translation
● Instantaneous search results
● Character input by kanji and kana handwriting recognition. Recognition algorithm can handle wrong stroke order and small mistakes.
● When multiple similar characters are found, you don't need to redo drawing after each character - just long press to see a preview
● Search by kanji radicals (for example 日 and 月 will find 明)
● Wildcard search - "*" can replace any number of characters and "?" can replace any single character. Works both with English and Japanese words.
● Search by kanji, kana and romaji - "じしょ", "じsho" and "jisho" will give the same search results
● Kanji lists by JLPT level and school grade (1 - 6)
● Multiple word lists divided by subject, grammatical function, JLPT level and more
- search in all lists (tip: use * to match any unknown part of the phrase and ? for any unknown letter)
- better radical info
- possibility to add example bookmarks
- flashcards can open multiple lists at once
- recent flashcard list
- quick bookmarking
- search in kanji, limiting search to one language
- new light theme, dark theme (and original theme)
- UI improvements and stability fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app is all you need as a companion for studying Japanese. Dictionary( including proper names), bookmarks, flashcards, preset flashcards for JLPT, and many more. It has been indispensable in my Japanese studying.
I am extremely grateful for the creators!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.