Sundial displays the solar and lunar cycle in a handy 24-hour ring. You can create iOS notifications for common events, including sunrise, solar noon, sunset, moonrise, lunar noon, lunar midnight, and moonset. Notification of full moon, new moon, first quarter moon, and last quarter moon is also supported. You can also create alerts for astronomical, nautical, and civil twilight start and end.
Great for runners, hikers, campers, walkers, boaters, sailors, pilots, photographers, astronomers, and travelers of all kinds. Want a reminder that twilight is over and you need to get the kids inside? This is for you. Like to take your dog on a walk 30 minutes for sunset? Sundial has you covered.
Does not require an Internet connection to calculate rise & set times: GPS and built-in algorithms are used.
Includes a Today Widget for quick access on the iPhone and an Apple Watch app. The Apple Watch app includes several complications for 38mm, 40mm, 42mm, and 44mm watches.
- The solar and lunar dials now appear in the Today Widget on iPhone 6 and higher and all iPads (iOS10 and later)
- Now support moon phase alerts for new moon, first quarter moon, full moon, and last quarter moon. You can choose the alert to be sent at the precise time the moon phase occurs, or be notified at the time of the moonrise, sunset, or end of civil/nautical/astronomical twilight before the phase change.
- This fixes reliability issues with the previous "Full Moon Rise" alert. Any existing "Full Moon Rise" alerts will be transitioned to the new system.
- You can now review what iOS notifications you will receive based on your current alert definitions. Just touch the ‘New Upcoming Alerts’ button at the top of the Alerts screen
- For moon phase alerts, offsets up to +- 28 days are now supported
- For all other alerts, you can now create an offset up to +- 23 hours, 45 minutes