Have you planned a trip to Japan?
Did you just start learning Japanese?
Then you need this app!
Taptaro is a simple yet effective audio phrasebook of more that 450 useful English words and phrases translated and recorded by native Japanese speakers to help you communicate better and learn more about the Japanese culture.
Taptaro is best suited for casual travelers and beginner learners of Japanese. It’s free to download and always will be.
With Taptaro you can practice your Japanese listening comprehension and improve your fluency and pronunciation by listening to the original audio and then recording your own voice. A single tap plays the audio and reveals the Japanese translation, transliteration in Latin alphabet (Romaji) and recording button. If you find the native audio speed too fast, you can long-press the word/phrase to play the audio at a slower speed.
- Tap to play the audio recording
- Long press to play the audio at a slower speed
- Tap to reveal the Japanese translation and transliteration
- Show/Hide Japanese translation and transliteration
- Record and listen to your own voice
- Delete all recordings
- Search in English and Japanese
- Favourite lists
- Send feedback
Enjoy learning Japanese with Taptaro–the easy to use mobile English to Japanese phrasebook. Packed with more than 450 words and phrases from 12 language-specific categories, Taptaro is the ultimate resource before and during your trip to Japan.
- Language essentials
- Greetings & Introductions
- Time & Weather
- Customs & Immigration
- Eating out
- Post office & Bank
- On the phone
This minor update includes the following changes:
- enables users to listen through headphones
- fixes a crash occurring on app launch for some users
Ratings and Reviews
Good for quick phrases
Nice little app to have handy if you're going on a trip
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.