Textastic Code Editor 6
By Alexander Blach
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
NEW IN TEXTASTIC 6:
• Textastic is now a single universal app that works on both iPad and iPhone
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Full iPad Pro support
• Emmet support
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can now be opened as external folders in Textastic
• Google Drive remote connections
• Local preview now uses a real web server and allows you to open the preview in Safari. Preview now uses WKWebView instead of UIWebView for better performance.
• Discoverable keyboard shortcuts (press and hold the Command key on an external keyboard)
• 3D Touch Quick Actions let you access most recently used files and create a new file
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• iCloud Drive
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers or Dropbox
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
What's New in Version 6.3.2
• Rewrote Dropbox integration to use the Dropbox API v2. Existing Dropbox connections are migrated automatically.
• Fixed Google Drive issues.
If you like Textastic, it would be amazing if you could leave a positive rating or review on the App Store!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 19, 2017
- Version: 6.3.2
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Blach
- © 2010-2017 Alexander Blach
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.