The official Tokyo Art Beat app has been completely redesigned for 2017.
Download it for free to use these features:
• Most Popular: Check the list to find out what’s hot right now
• News: Read the latest social media posts from the TAB team
• Nearby: Use the map to find events within walking distance
• Browse 500 art and design exhibitions happening right now in Tokyo, sorted by popularity, media, area or days till end
• Use the maps, nearby station and open time information to get to your destination
And sign up to become a member to get access to:
• Going/Went: Marking events as Going will help you plan ahead, and the Went list serves as a great record of your outings. Users of the old app -- your bookmarks will be carried over to the new one. (more details below)
• Latest events: Stop hunting for recently added events. We list 200 of them inside the Recent list on your Home screen.
• Keyword search: Type in the name of an artist, venue, or any other keyword to look up events on tokyoartbeat.com. That’s 10+ years of art and design event listings at your fingertips.
• Follow your favorite venues: Stay up-to-date on the newest exhibitions at your favorite museums and galleries by keeping a list of favorites.
• Notifications: The app will remind you of start and end dates of your Going events, and notify you when your favorite venues have announced new exhibitions.
The first month is free for new subscribers, so please sign up and check out the new features. They’re designed to make it easier for you to discover and enjoy more art in Tokyo! The membership model is a big change aimed to increase the sustainability of Tokyo Art Beat, which is operated by a non-profit organization.
Tokyo Art Beat subscriptions available:
• 1-month subscription - 120¥ (automatically renewed until cancelled)
• 1-year subscription - 1,000¥ (automatically renewed until cancelled)
Subscription automatically renews, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the membership period. Account is charged the chosen membership fee for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the membership period. To modify your membership, visit the settings page.
Questions, Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com
Terms & Conditions of Use:
Important note: with this update, old in-app event bookmarks will become inaccessible until you become a member and create an account. We considered many other ways but this felt like the safest implementation to make sure that your bookmarks can be safely synced with our servers and not be lost if you misplaced your phone or deleted the app by mistake. Additionally, all your old bookmarks for past events will magically reappear, for you to sort into events you Went to see and ones you didn't get to see. Thank you for your understanding.
About Tokyo Art Beat:
TAB is Tokyo’s best art & design events calendar. A free bilingual app produced by Gadago NPO, a non-profit organization introducing people to art since 2004. With the support of subscribers, we publish more than 500 events each month!
Get our other cool app: MuPon, Museum Coupons! http://www.tokyoartbeat.com/apps/mupon
== v2.3 (Updated May 2018) ==
- Fixed app notifications
- Added notifications for new MuPon discounts
- Fixed some display issues on iPhone X
- The app remembers you Home tab choice (News, Popular, Recent) from your last app launch
If you like the app, don’t hesitate to leave a rating and a review on the App Store. It really helps us do our best work and it also helps other users to discover the app. There’s a direct link in our Settings > Info screen. In case of trouble, there is also a Feedback email link in our Info screen, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Unless you subscribe, you can’t see much
It’s a bit disappointing, really. But the only way to utilize this app is to get payed subscription. Otherwise it’s a waist of time.
It’s been great using the Tokyo Art Beat app. There’s a one-month free trial, which we definitely recommend giving a try! As for app functions, I was wondering if it might be possible to get emails notices for the “send an opinion/question” in Settings. Thanks!
- GADAGO NPO
- 66.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Gadago NPO
- In-App Purchases
- Tokyo Art Beat ¥300
- Tokyo Art Beat ¥1,500
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.