Trainline Europe - train tickets
By Capitaine Train
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trainline, previously Captain Train, is the quickest and easiest solution for booking train tickets online in Europe. Since 2011, more than 1.8 million users trust us to book their tickets in France (SNCF, iDTGV, OUIGO, OUIBUS), Germany (Deutsche Bahn, HKX), Italy (Trenitalia, Italo, Thello), Spain (Renfe), the U.K. (Eurostar), Switzerland (Lyria), and Belgium and the Netherlands (Thalys).
==== TRAINLINE: THE NEW NAME FOR CAPTAIN TRAIN ====
Back in March 2016, we said hello to Captain Train—our French equivalent—and teamed up with them to build the best online train ticket platform in Europe. Captain Train is now part of the Trainline Group and our team and our mission remain the same: we’re here to make train travel easier and smarter for people in the UK, France and the whole of Europe.
==== WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS ABOUT US ====
“It’s already built up a fanbase by being more user-friendly” — The Guardian
“This looks good. The whole site is clean, fast and zippy. If only all travel booking was like this!”— Business Insider
“In most cases, I now recommend using www.trainline.eu” — Mark from Seat61.com
==== BUY TICKETS AT THE BEST PRICE ====
• Pay no booking fees or hidden costs. We have the lowest prices.
• Select your preferred seats for the train
• Find and book tickets for all trains in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and nearby countries: TGV, ICE, Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, Renfe, etc.
• Find the best prices amongst the most comprehensive offers: Prem’s, Loisir, iDTGV, etc.
• Take advantage of your discount and loyalty cards: Eurostar Frequent Traveller, Thalys TheCard, etc.
• Pay whenever you want, thanks to our pre-booking feature.
• Pay however you want: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or PayPal.
• Exchange or cancel your tickets within the app.
==== BOOK YOUR TRIP SUPER FAST ====
• Register your loyalty and discount cards along with your personal information.
• Save time by creating a passenger profile for any fellow travellers.
• Select your favourite destinations instantly.
• Review your upcoming or previous journeys.
• Receive your e-tickets in PDF format or store them on your loyalty card.
• Add your journeys to your calendar and Passbook in only one click.
==== TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? ====
Like many users you may ask yourself how we make money.
It is quite simple. Like any other official travel agent (certified by the SNCF or the Deutsche Bahn) we earn a commission for each ticket sold. There is no additional fee for our clients because our prices are aligned with the rail operator’s fares.
==== YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR? ====
You rock! Tweet “the wagon is mobile”, and mention @trainline_eu. We will answer you with some emoji hearts and a train picture.
What's New in Version 40
Real time tracking is real!
We now display live SNCF train tracking information in real time in our app. There’s no need to hunt down the conductor in the event of an unexpected delay. Instead we will now provide you with all the necessary details directly on the screen of your ticket. And if you’re a fan of last minute bookings, we also display this information in the search and ticket options.
Lost in Trainstation
The platform numbers are now also displayed in your ticket search, as soon as they’ve been sent to us by SNCF. It’s super practical if you’re booking your ticket just a few minutes before hopping on; there will be no need to find the departures board and instead you can simply head straight to your train. On the other hand, don’t forget to look up from your phone to avoid tripping and falling into or onto unexpected places.
Transfer between trains seamlessly
In the event of a delay, we’ll also display the necessary details in case you have a transfer. This includes the departure platforms for each segment of your trip. So you’ll know in advance whether you will have to prepare to put on those sneakers and run, or whether it will give you some extra time to enjoy a glass of wine. You can try to do both at the same time, yet we do not recommend doing so as personal experience has taught us better.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 40
- Size: 44.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Capitaine Train
- © 2009 - 2017 Capitaine Train SAS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.