Transit Master - Chicago CTA uses a sleek, clean, and minimalist design, to help you get CTA Bus and Train ('L') stop and prediction info easily and fast.
With the help of the app, you can always have confidence and peace of mind when using CTA to get around the city anywhere anytime.
Become a Master of Chicago's Public Transit today!
This is an universal app that works great and responsively on both iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad, NO need to pay twice for the same app!
• Color-coded prediction times give you a quick scan of what's coming up:
Red: arriving within 5 minutes.
Blue: arriving between 6 ~ 10 minutes.
Grey: arriving in more than 10 minutes.
• Toggle predictions display
- Tap on bus route number/train line name to toggle whether to show vehicle ID and current distance to the stop
- Tap on prediction times to toggle ETA in minutes left, or in your local time
- Tap on the "ALL" button to toggle whether to show predictions for the selected route, or for all routes at the stop
- Tap on route destinations to toggle whether to sort predictions by ETA, or by route
• Look up predictions easily
Scroll or Search routes/directions/stops. Routes and Directions are ordered alphabetically; Stops and Favorites can be ordered either alphabetically or by distance to your current location (turn on Geolocation by tapping on the tracking icon on the top left).
• Search train stops
Type the line color (blue/brown/green/orange/pink/purple/red/yellow) or stop name to filter train stops.
• When at a bus stop
Use the "Find a Stop by Stop ID" feature and type in the stop's ID, which should be displayed on the bus routes board, to get faster access of the predictions.
• Fresh and dynamic public transit data powered by Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) tracking service
NOT static bus schedules.
• Automatic data refresh
Vehicle arrival predictions are automatically refreshed every minute, which is the minimal update interval supported by CTA's tracking service. No manual effort needed.
• Data caching
The app caches as much static information as possible, such as routes/directions/stops, to help reducing your phone's unnecessary data usage, and boost tracking speed. The cache will be automatically refreshed in reasonable intervals to keep the data fresh.
Happy predicting and riding!
Fixed the issue: if geolocation toggle is selected, but location info is not available, then bus stops don't display.