By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Information overload — Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink — designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
- DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
What's New in Version 2.8.4
This release simplifies moving files into the database and trashing the originals in one go. It also improves smart groups, adds support for more file types, and retains tags when splitting documents. In addition, the Activity panel informs about the progress with more details, DEVONthink Personal handles PDF annotations spanning more than one line smarter, and it's much easier to create templates from folders of files.
The update also improves the overall performance and reliability and addresses a number of issues and glitches. It is recommended for all users.
- Adds the ability to import files and folders from the Finder into the database and move the originals to the trash by holding the ⌘Command key while dragging.
- Adds new date-related smart group conditions.
- Adds full suport for ".webhistory" and ".webbookmark" bookmark files.
- Adds ".asciidoc" to the list of known plain text extensions.
- Adds the alternate menu item "Help > Report Bug" (press the ⌥Option key to show).
- Improves the compatibility to OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.
- Displays the number of total and finished items to the "Activity" panel.
- Retains the tags of documents when splitting them. All parts are now correctly put into the same groups as the original document.
- Creates only one highlight, underline, or strike-through PDF annotation in case of more than one selected line.
- Improves the conversion of HTML pages to plain text.
- "Tools > Verify & Repair" checks also the unique identifier (UUID) of databases and repairs it if necessary.
- Makes "lproj" subfolders optional for .dtTemplate packages. Creating non-localized templates is now as simple as creating a new folder in the Finder and adding ".dtTemplate" to its name.
- Adds Retina splash screens.
- Updates the look of the in-app help to OS X Yosemite. Newer images are optimized for Retina displays.
- Improves the French localization.
- Improves the overall performance and reliability.
- Fixes glitches of the group selector and the "Groups & Tags" panel on OS X Yosemite depending on "System Preferences > Accessibility > Display".
- Fixes page up/down keyboard handling of PDF views on OS X Yosemite.
- Improves the memory management.
- Updates sync with minor cosmetic changes and fixes for threading issues while quitting.
- Updates the "Sorter" fixing two rare issues.
- Prevents files from inside the database package from being imported or indexed.
- Fixes an issue where smart groups in index pages created by the website export were not clickable.
- Addresses further minor glitches.
- Removes "View > Sort > Ignore Umlauts". Sorting uses now system-wide settings.
- USD 49.99
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 19 March 2015
- Version: 2.8.4
- Size: 22.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Developer: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001–2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor