By Martin Novak
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Exif Editor is an application that allows you to edit metadata in directly your photos.
The tool is useful when you don't want to expose camera to your customers. When your RAW processor doesn't open your file because it doesn't recognise valid camera/lens combination.
In some applications, it's needed to reload metadata as they are heavily cached, for example Adobe Bridge, Lightroom or Aperture.
• Adobe Lightroom - select image, right click and in the popup menu select Metadata->Read Metadata from Files
IMPORTANT: if you are upgrading from 1.0: There is a problem with App Store that doesn't allow you to update the program and you are running 10.7 or later. This is an issue that I cannot influence. However the workaround is to delete the program from /Applications then go to Purchases in the App Store and install Exif Editor once again.
Exif Editor now support for the following file formats
• Canon CR2
• Nikon NEF
• Olympus ORF
• Adobe DNG
• Fuji RAF
• Panasonic RW2
• Pentax PEF
• Phase One IIQ
• SONY ARW
The following tags are supported.
• EXIF: Artist, ImageDescription, Copyright, Software, UserComment, Make, Model, OwnerName, DateTimeOriginal, CreateDate, ModifyDate, ISO, FNumber, ApertureValue, ShutterSpeedValue, FocalLength, FocalLengthIn35mmFormat, ExposureCompensation, Flash, Orientation, ColorSpace, ComponentsConfiguration, ExposureMode, ExposureProgram, ExposureTime, MeteringMode, SceneCaptureType, WhiteBalance, Saturation, SensingMethod, Sharpness, SubjectDistanceRange, LensMake (by exif standard, not by some makers standards), Lens (by exif standard, not by some makers standards), LensModel (by exif standard, not by some makers standards), Orientation, Canon specific LensType, Pentax specific LensType, XResolution, YResolution, ResolutionUnit
• GPS: GPSLatitude, GPSLatitudeRef, GPSLongitude, GPSLongitudeRef, GPSAltitude, GPSAltitudeRef, GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef, GPSDateStamp
• IPTC: Author By-line, By-lineTitle, CopyrightNotice, Contact, Headline, Caption-Abstract, Writer-Editor, ObjectName, Category, SupplementalCategories, DateCreated, Keywords, Sub-location, City, Province-State, Country-PrimaryLocationName, Country-PrimaryLocationCode, OriginalTransmissionReference, SpecialInstructions, Credit, Source
• IPTC: Serial number, Date created, Keywords
What's New in Version 1.1.3
- bug fixes
- updated exiftool
- added XMP tags - serial number, created, keywords