Harry's GPS/OBD Buddy
By Harald Schlangmann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Harry's GPS/OBD Buddy is a versatile trip computer and GPS / OBD data monitor. The trip computer records distance and time traveled, and calculates average speeds. Using the navigation module from Harry's GPS Suite, GPS/OBD Buddy will furthermore forecast arrival times using waypoints.
In addition to standard iPhone GPS functionality, GPS/OBD Buddy supports a huge set of external GPS and OBD sensors. Accessing these sensors directly, GPS/OBD Buddy gives you a detailed view not available in any other app.
Like all applications from Harry's GPS Suite, Harry's GPS/OBD Buddy uses our advanced GPS Engine. We offer Harry's GPS Buddy as a technology demo for Harry's GPS Suite for free. In case you want to do more with the data shown, check out one of the Harry's LapTimer editions.
Extensive display of GPS information: speed, height, heading, slope, accuracy, GPS update rate, latitude, longitude, lateral and lineal acceleration, a nice compass, and waypoints approached; display of trip information - both continuously and from the latest starting point; trip information includes time traveled, time without movement, average speed overall and while in movement; navigation module including waypoint management, calculation of distance to waypoint, estimated time of arrival. In case a compatible OBD sensor is connected, Harry's GPS Buddy will display wheel speed, engine RPM, fuel level, voltage of electric system, coolant and oil temperatures, throttle position, fuel consumption, power and torque developed by engine.
Please head to GPS/OBD Buddy's (LapTimer's) homepage on http://www.gps-laptimer.de to get information on future development, FAQs, and more snapshots.
What's New in Version 20.1.1
This release includes new functionality, bug fixes and other improvements.
‣ Added check for updated store version - prompts user to update
‣ GPS View starts up with current status (instead of last / top)
‣ Simplified Settings
‣ Improved horizontal acceleration gadget to show longitudinal acceleration if dominant
‣ Improved iOS10 compatibility
‣ Fixed WiFi sensor connection for iOS10
‣ Fixed Load Track assistant for iPads / iOS10
Other bug fixes and improvements
‣ Improved localizations
‣ Fixed a rotation issue
‣ Improved interpolation routines and data storage
‣ Fixed a minor bug in Bluetooth Low Energy sensor detection
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 29 September 2016
- Version: 20.1.1
- Size: 28.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Harald Schlangmann
- © Harald Schlangmann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.