WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
- When receiving photos or GIFs, you can 3D Touch or swipe left on the notification and tap "View" to preview the media from within the notification (iOS 10+).
- You can now search on the Status tab to quickly find status updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Suggestion and Review
WhatsApp is the best app. Very convenient for communicating. I applaud the ease of sending pictures the group settings and the interface is very good however I have some suggestions. Since WhatsApp has no friend request or authentication they should remove the feature that show if you’re online or not. As part of privacy. I know there’s the blocking feature incase you don’t want to hear from someone but blocking is a bit extreme. Then concerning the groups I think any group member should be able to add other people into the group instead of the admin having to have the group members’ numbers. Or making everyone admin.
Just my thoughts
Fantastic app user friendly
The fact that you can attach literally any kind of file or document is just great. Even replying when phone screen is locked is wood for quick response . The backing-up in the cloud of the conversations has proved very useful when a phone is lost or damaged etc.
A daily communication tool a powerful one at that!!! Bravo !!!
Chat Group Membership
WhatsApp Inc., Your current App is Amazing.
But with ONE BIG SHORTCOMING.
someone’s consent (acceptance or otherwise) is paramount when added to a WhatsApp chat group.
The current design provision is totally unfair, Insensitive of customers privacy rights. Kindly note that Someone need to make a decision beforehand whether to join a chat group or not.
The option that is available now is; You’re added to a WhatsApp chat group without consent then an option is provided to reject ( i.e EXIT GROUP or REPORT SPAM!)-WHEN YOU’RE ALREADY A MEMBER!! - This current App. design is being misused by both my contacts and those who are not.
I DON’T NEED TO A MEMBER OF CHAT GROUP TO EXIT.
PROVIDE AN OPTION FOR ME TO DECIDE IN ADVANCE. I THINK THIS WAY YOUR APP WILL BE EXCELLENT!
I share this view with thousands.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 139.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.