Illumination Software Creator
By Linda Bradford
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Illumination Software Creator allows anyone to create their own software applications… without writing a single line of “code”. It is more like drawing a flowchart, which the App turns into code.
NOTE: a new update with even more visual improvements is due out Fall of 2014
The idea is simple: Arrange colorful building blocks of functionality however you like to create your own, unique, piece of software.
No reading large computer programming books. No steep learning curve.
One project creates apps for Android, iPhone, iPad, Linux, Windows Desktops, HTML5 websites and Flash websites.
1) Apps created with Illumination are 100% native. (iPhone apps are 100% Objective-C, etc.).
2) It's a great way to prototype new projects, or learn new languages.
Tutorials (including instructions for preparing your Mac for building iOS, Android, etc. apps) and example projects can be found on the Support Page.
There is a new version of this software due out soon.
Help, Information and news on updates/upgrades, nocost software downloads, tutorials, videos and more are available on the Support Page.
- Building iOS (iPhone & iPad) apps requires XCode 3.2.6 or XCode 4 or above (all no cost from Apple).
- Running iOS (iPhone & iPad) apps directly from the Illumination toolbar requires XCode 3.2.6 (not currently compatible with XCode 4).
- Building and Running Flash/Flex Web apps requires Adobe Flex SDK
- Building and Running Python/GTK apps requires PyGTK.
- Building and Running Android (JAVA) apps requires the Android SDK and Eclipse.
What's New in Version 4.1
- Can now build HTML5 Web Applications!
- The new Image Library lets you add and manage graphics in your apps easily.
- Loads of fixes and usability improvements to make it even easier to build your own apps.
- USD 19.99
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: 14 October 2011
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Linda Bradford
- © 2014 Dead Parrot Software Inc. (formerly Radical Breeze)
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.5 or later