My Friend Isabelle
By PicPocket Books
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Friend Isabelle
By Eliza Woloson, Illustrated by Bryan Gough
My Friend Isabelle is a charming story about two young friends, told with simplicity and grace. Charlie and Isabelle are the same age and share a love of drawing, dancing, playing at the park and snacks! Like most friends, they are also different. This book offers an opportunity for a discussion about Special Needs, tolerance, acceptance and friendship by showing that “differences are what makes the world so great.”
PicPocket Books brings quality children’s picture book literature to digital media. Now, children can enjoy their favorites stories on-the-go, even when they do not have a physical book to read.
PicPocket Books offer a unique and new experience, combining the beauty of quality picture books with audio recordings and interactive visual text. This combination enables independent enjoyment for children regardless of reading level, subtle support for early readers, and nostalgic fun for adults.
Whether standing in a grocery line, taking a car trip, or waiting in a doctor's office, PicPocket Books provide personal, interactive story experiences. The books can be downloaded with one click or tap, and provide educational and entertainment value to children and adults alike.
Your PicPocket Book is a perfect complement to regular story time with parents or grandparents, and a gentle alternative to flashy, fast-paced digital media time.
Parents, take notice. This App:
- Does not includes analytics.
- Does not collect or share any personal data.
- Does not contain any ads.
- Does not contain any In App Purchases.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration.
- Links to the iTunes App Store for the option to see other family-friendly, educational apps from PicPocket Books and KidsMathFun.
This CHILDREN'S BOOK app promotes EARLY LEARNING by helping your children develop READING skills by connecting the spoken audio words and sounds with the written word on the page. PicPocket Books' Learn-to-Read highlighting feature is an additional READING aid.
- High fidelity, full-color illustrations that stay true to the original print book
- Professional audio recording
- Text highlighting that corresponds with audio - each word highlights as it is read to help new readers understand the connection between words and sounds - excellent for beginning readers or curious pre-readers.
- Play-pause to start and stop the story at any time
- Fast-forward and fast-backward to replay images and audio at any time
- Stories download directly to your device, anytime, anywhere, on-the-go. Buy it once, play it as many times as you want.
- Patent-pending technology.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch. Requires iPhone or iPod touch OS 3.0.
PicPocket Books is a member of Moms With Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3, 4-7
Categories: BOOKS, READING, SPECIAL NEEDS
What's New in Version 1.6
You can now move around the book by swiping left and right!
- Category: Books
- Updated: 08 July 2010
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Take 2 Ventures LLC
- © 2009 PicPocket Books
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.