By National Institute For Health and Clinical Excellence
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has developed this free app as a useful offline reference for the British National Formulary (BNF).
The NICE BNF app is currently only available to NHS staff in England, Scotland and Wales.
Aimed at pharmacists, doctors, nurses, social care professionals and other healthcare professionals who prescribe and administer medicines, the app provides easy offline access to-up-to-date practical information on prescribing, dispensing and administrating medicines.
To use the NICE BNF app for the first time and to activate any content updates, you will need to enter your NHS Athens user name and password.
Users in England can register for an NHS Athens account by selecting the Journal and Database section on NHS Evidence.
Users in Scotland can register for an NHS Athens account by visiting The Knowledge Network website and selecting the login option at the top of the homepage.
Users in Wales register for an NHS Athens account by visiting the NHS Wales e-Library for health website and selecting the Athens option on the homepage.
Please ensure you have an active WIFI (recommended) or 3G connection to activate the app, or to download content updates.
Social care staff who meet the NHS Athens eligibility criteria can also download and access the content.
• Browse and search offline up-to-date content from the British National Formulary (BNF)
• Optimised for iPhones and iPads
• Auto-complete search with filters for chapters, monographs, interactions and preparations
• Update notifications when new editions or updates are available
• Content bookmarking
• Accessible reading features
What's New in Version 3.4
You might need to reinstall the app if you are having issues viewing content after the update.
Search has been improved, faster and more results return
Improved page transition times
Data downloaded first, then installs so you don't need to be online when installing
Much faster download process
Improved download progress feedback
General Bug Fixes
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 11 November 2014
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Developer: National Institute For Health and Clinical Excellence
- © National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.