Parallels Desktop Lite allows you to easily run Windows, Linux, and their applications on your Mac.
You don't have to reboot your Mac to switch between operating systems or when switching between Mac, Windows, or Linux applications.
Note: Existing Parallels Desktop® for Mac users are not recommended to move to Parallels Desktop Lite.
You can run Internet Explorer®, Quicken®, QuickBooks, and hundreds of other Windows and Linux applications not available on the Mac—and run them side by side with Mac apps like Pages® and Keynote®.
Brought to you by the developers of the #1-rated Mac virtualization software.
• Download and run Linux virtual machines – Free
• Install and run macOS® virtual machines – Free
• Install and run Windows virtual machines – Requires in-app purchase of an auto-renewable subscription (1 year)
There is a fully functional 14-day trial, so you can test Parallels Desktop Lite (including installation and use of Windows) before you commit.
Note: Windows is purchased separately.
With Parallels Desktop Lite, you can run the following operating systems in a virtual machine on your Mac:
• Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and XP
• macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12, OS X El Capitan 10.11, OS X Yosemite 10.10, OS X Mavericks 10.9, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, and OS X Lion 10.7.x
• Most Linux distributions
• Late 2011 or newer Mac
• 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended)
• 450 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation
• SSD is recommended for best performance
• Additional disk space for virtual machines (varies on operating system installed)
Seamless integration features between Mac and Windows, including productivity boosters built in. These features include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use Mac gestures in Windows apps
• Mouse synchronization enables the mouse to move seamlessly between the Mac OS, Windows, and Linux
• Copy/paste formatted text between Mac and Windows
• Drag and drop files between Mac and Windows
• Share Mac folders with Windows—including Desktop, Documents, and Downloads—without duplication and saving precious disk space on your Mac
• Resize window to get desired Windows resolution
• 3D graphics acceleration up to DirectX® 10.1
• Use Mac printers in Windows
We want you to be completely satisfied with Parallels Desktop Lite. If you have any problems or concerns, please contact us at http://www.parallels.com/products/lite/support/
--- LEGAL ---
Duration and price of each subscription are displayed in the Parallels’ storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited as soon as a subscription is purchased.
•Attach screenshots and other files to technical data reports.
•Resolves an issue with sound not playing in virtual machines after closing and then opening the MacBook’s lid.
•Resolves an issue with screen refresh rate becoming low when a virtual machine is started with the “Always ready in background” option selected.
•Resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop Control Center appearing after launching a guest OS application from the Dock.
•Resolves an issue with ~/§±£`Ð symbols not typed correctly in virtual machines.
•Resolves an issue with disproportionately scaled Windows after installing a Windows update.
•Resolves an issue with gamma settings being changed by Windows in Full Screen.
•Resolves an issue with unintended activation of Grayscale Mode in Windows 10 after pressing + holding the “Command” key and then pressing “C”.
•Resolves the following occasional issues in Windows virtual machines:
•- slow login;
•- unresponsive Start Menu;
•- inability to use a keyboard with some apps.
•Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in a Boot Camp virtual machine with Windows 10.
•Resolves an issue with app-related folders not visible in iCloud shared with Windows.
•Resolves an issue when the icons of applications started from Visual Studio 2013 didn’t appear in the Dock.
•Resolves an issue with MS Word 2011 for Mac saving doc/docx files to the C:\ drive only in the Read-Only mode.
•Resolves an issue with not being able to add the Boot Camp partition as a second disk to a virtual machine.
•Resolves a rare issue with Windows freezing when accessing a shared folder from the guest OS.
•Resolves an issue with Windows 10 crashing sometimes when searching for a particular address in Google Chrome > Google Maps.
•Resolves an issue with Windows crashing when starting TwinCAT 3 in Visual Studio.
•Resolves an issue with shared camera not working in Skype for Business.
•Resolves an issue with graphics artifacts in Battlefield 3.
•Resolves an issue with graphics artifacts when zooming images in Tekla Structures.
•Resolves an issue with PaintShop Pro not opening images on your Mac and not available in the “Open With” menu.
•Support for Ubuntu 18.04.
•Resolves an issue with Ubuntu 14.04 not starting after the Parallels Tools installation.
•Resolves an issue with the prl_eth driver not compiling for Linux kernel 4.15.
•Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in Kali Linux 2018.1.
•Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in Red Hat 7.5.
•Resolves an issue with iTunes quitting unexpectedly in macOS 10.8 and 10.9 virtual machines.
•Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in macOS 10.13.3 virtual machines.
•Resolves an issue with macOS 10.13.4 virtual machines freezing on waking from sleep.
•Resolves an issue with not being able to upgrade macOS 10.13.3 virtual machines to macOS 10.13.4.
•Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not working in macOS High Sierra virtual machines.
- Parallels International GmbH
- 234.5 MB
- OS X 10.11.5 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Parallels International GmbH. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.