Plain Language Medical Dictionary
By The University of Michigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This free basic app converts medical language into everyday English. It is based on the award-winning Plain Language Medical Dictionary widget designed by Taubman Health Sciences Library, University of Michigan.
• Browse for a medical term and view its non-medical definition.
• Search a prefix such as "cardio" to easily find the word you want.
• Email the term and its definition to anyone you want.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Contains updated dictionary content from the latest version of the Plain Language Thesaurus for Health Communications, with more accurate and proper definitions to more terms.
• Applies a new and more logical filtering algorithm for term searching.
• Keeps the search bar at the top of the screen while scrolling through terms so that you can enter a new search anytime with no need to scroll back to the top of the list.
• Supports retina displays.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 26 March 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The University of Michigan
- © 2011 The Regents of the University of Michigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.