By 3D Literacy, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sound Literacy is an instructional tool for tutors and teachers.
For help on how to customize Sound Literacy to meet your needs be sure to visit our blog.
Sound Literacy is the first iPad app that brings your letter tiles in to the 21st Century. It is NOW being used in 19 countries across the globe and growing quickly! Spread the word and integrate Sound Literacy into your curriculum.
***Named one of the 12 Best Apps for Special Needs of 2012 by Teachers with Apps***
***Featured on Mashable***
Sound Literacy provides a teacher, tutor, speech therapist, or parent a tool for enhancing literacy lessons. Sound Literacy 2.0 gives maximum flexibility to customize the tile sets to match the needs of a particular curriculum or an individual student.
Sound Literacy is not a game. It is not programmed with an auto correct feature nor is it created to take the place of an instructor. It is intended to be an instructional tool that facilitates interaction between a teacher/tutor and a student. Skills and concepts must be guided by an instructor.
Sound Literacy can be used in conjunction with any curriculum that emphasizes phonemic awareness, phonological processing, or morphemic word building.
Sound Literacy features:
• Blank tiles for counting, ordering, and manipulating the graphemes or any other word part
• Tiles organized in pantries and ready to be pulled onto the workspace for reading and spelling words
• Elkonin boxes can be added to hold tiles in place
• Six specially designed ladders for building and comparing phonemes or spellings
• Consonant and vowel phoneme maps
• Popovers on the sound maps indicate various ways to spell each phoneme; spellings are ordered from the most common to the least common
Use Sound Literacy to enhance any word study program!
Visit our blog for more information and ongoing discussions on how to improve Sound Literacy.
Have fun studying words!
**Please note that at this time Sound Literacy does not include the phoneme sounds on the Sound Maps. We are working to put this in place.**
What's New in Version 2.4
• Added a workspace, called “Blank”. The + and - for tapping Elkonin boxes is eliminated from this workspace, which gives more space for building matrices and other illustrations.
• Added several built-in tilesets to use as alternatives to the Default set: A "QWERTY" arrangement of the alphabet; A "Starter Set" with far less tiles; and two options for those who don’t like a lot of color ("Monochromatic" and "White/Gray").
• Added an in-app purchase option to add other tilesets - "Dolch List" words, "Fry List" words, "International Phonetic Alphabet" symbols for American English, "Onset and Rime" patterns, and a "Word Blends" collection
• Added the ability to type reminder notes in the profile of students.
• Improved the “text” feature that allows you to immediately start typing or cancel when you tapped “text” option unintentionally.
• Added a new color, "off-white", to the dark color palette to be used when customizing tiles.