By Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Watch@Tablet app is a training tool developed by the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie
Vast amounts of information on watches and gemmology are stored as images, films and animations, ready to consult.
To join this training program please contact the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Watch@Tablet app includes the following features:
– Presentation of the FHH partner-brands under five headings: History, Sites. Values, Heritage, Specificities.
– Materials: illustrated explanations of the metals and other materials used in watchmaking, including precious metals and alloys, steel, titanium, silicon, carbon, synthetic sapphire and ceramic.
– Gemmology and stones: diamonds, sapphires, emeralds,pearls, cuts, settings, certificates, calibration, ethics, etc.
– Functions: how a mechanical watch functions, including illustrated explanations of some 20 complications.
– Essentials: quality certificates, surface decorations, dials, hands, crystals, shock absorbers, water-resistance, etc.
– Exploded movement: an exploded view of a mechanical movement with a definition of each part.
– Exploded case: an exploded view of a case with a definition of each part.
– The famous watchmakers: short biographies of the masters who helped define the history of watchmaking.
– History of watchmaking: an illustrated timeline of key dates in the history of watchmaking, alongside major events in world and art history.
- Glossary: some 250 illustrated definitions of watchmaking terms, some with animations, and illustrated definitions of some 100 jewellery-related terms.
The Watch@Tablet app is available in 8 languages: Chinese (simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Last news stored in app for availibility offline.