By Peter Damen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Native iPhone WiFi Remote for XBMC. Use your iPhone/Ipod Touch as a replacement remote control for Xbox Media Center running on Windows, Mac, Linux and the Original Xbox.
Confirmed to be also working on Plex (Prior to version 9) and Boxee.
- Shows Currently Playing media (and current time/duration)
- Shows Filename (for pictures and video)
- Shows Album, Artist and Song for music.
- Shows Album Art for music, if available.
- Shows thumbnails for currently displayed picture.
- Shows screen capture of currently playing video.
- Configurable host/port (with Authentication) via Settings.
- Configurable polling interval.
- Features most of the buttons from the original Xbox DVD Remote Control.
- Page Up/Page Down Buttons for navigating large lists.
- Modify the Volume via a Slider.
- Hide the remote control buttons to see thumbnails/screen capture
- Scan through media with arrow keys
- Browse and queue media on the device.
- XBMC Installed with Webserver Access enabled
- WiFi Access to the XBMC host.
Tested with the following Equipment:
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- Original Xbox (Running XBMC 2.0.1)
- Windows XP (Running XBMC 9.04/9.11 Alpha)
- Ubuntu Linux Hardy Heron (Running XBMC 9.04/9.11 Alpha)
See a video of XMote here: http://vimeo.com/3104967
NOTE: Please email me from the support page if you are having problems connecting with XMote before leaving incorrect reviews.
What's New in Version 2.0
- New Interface
- iPad support
- Communication modifications to deal with XBMC 10 HTTP API deprecation. Which is still used, but is no-longer thread safe.
See the XMote webpage for more information.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 15 March 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Peter Damen
- © Peter Damen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.