Apple Books lets you lose yourself in a good story right on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You’ll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors and even audiobooks – ready to download and enjoy.
• Explore an incredible selection of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, cookbooks and more.
• Browse the Book Store to find the buzziest new releases, curated collections and exclusive content.
• Visit the Audiobooks tab to discover great audiobooks read by your favourite authors and celebrities.
• Preview books while you browse, and download free samples – sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Check out our Top Charts to see what’s popular with other readers.
• Return to the books you’re currently reading and get great recommendations in the Reading Now tab.
• Add books and audiobooks you’d like to read next to the new Want to Read collection.
• Use Auto-Night mode to browse the Book Store or read in bed without waking anyone up.
• Organise your library the way you want with flexible collections – even see a timeline of books you’ve finished or books that are downloaded on your device.
Great ways to read
• Choose from a selection of attractive fonts and four easy-to-read page colours.
• Add bookmarks and notes, and highlight your favourite passages.
• Find a word, character or phrase anywhere in your book with built-in search.
• Turn on Auto-Night Theme to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
• Adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
• Move continuously through books instead of flipping pages by enabling Scrolling View.
• Hear the words on a page spoken when using Books with the accessibility features in iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in Books using AirPrint.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with family members using Family Sharing.
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal collections that’ll appear on all your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page on all of your devices.
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires they be DRM-free.
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.
Bug Fixes and Feature Enhancements
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.