Shaka Wind Meter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Accurately measure wind speed and air temperature anywhere with Shaka Wind Meter on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch and make better choices along the way!
Ideal for wind sports like Windsurfing, Kitesurfing, Kiteboarding, Snowkiting or Gliding, also useful for other wind related sports & hobbies like Golf, Hunting, Marksmanship etc.
Requires the Shaka Wind Meter Device in order to take local measurements. The Device is battery-free and plugs into the headphone jack.
To get started:
1. Get Shaka Wind Meter Device (shakaon.net)
2. Download the Shaka Wind Meter app and sign up.
3. Plug the Shaka Wind Meter Device into the headphone jack.
4. Measure, make better decisions and enjoy!
Shaka Wind Meter features include:
- Current and average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Units: mph, knots, km/h, m/s and dynamic Beaufort scale
- Air temperature (°F and °C)
- Determines wind direction and location of the measurement
- History of all your measurements
- Map view of measurements near you
Some things we’re working on:
- Social sharing of your measurements
- New exciting applications for different wind-related communities
ATTENTION: The Shaka Wind Meter Device needs a certain level of output audio volume while connected to the headphone jack of your iPhone/iPad/iPod to get powered up. In case needed the application displays a warning asking you to adjust the volume level accordingly.
Learn more at http://shakaon.net
What's New in Version 1.4
• New wind speed units: ft/s, ft/min
• Added windchill calculation
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 24 September 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shaka OU
- © 2013 Shaka LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.