By Daniel ALEMU
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ahaz provides a quick and simple way to get familiar with the Amharic number system.
Learning your 1, 2, 3s in Amharic has never been easier. Scroll through to select the Western/Arabic version of a specific number, and you will see the corresponding Amharic symbol appear at large - together with the name of the symbol. Just tap on the symbol to hear how it sounds.
Whenever you feel the need to do some quick conversion, tap the convert button then start typing. You will see the Amharic equivalent come alive before your eyes.
Pictures speak louder than words. See familiar or legendary places in a different light as you swipe through graphics of Amharic numerals in imagine-use at actual locations.
Pick a guess from multiple choices to test your progress - or just for plain fun in the quiz section.
Using the Ahaz iOS app, you can
- Learn about the numeric symbols used in the Amharic language and hear how they sound. Tap on the number symbol for audio.
- Convert numbers to Amharic numeric symbols. Start typing and conversion happens.
- Integrate your learning with examples of Amharic symbols used in a modern context.
- Quiz yourself and test the progress you have made with multiple choice questions
- Track your progress by viewing your recent scoring history on the number quiz
What's New in Version 2.2
- USD 1.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 24 June 2011
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Daniel ALEMU
- © 2011 Daniel Alemu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.