Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Mellel is a sophisticated, time-tested and reliable word processor, especially designed to handle long and complicated documents, books, manuscripts, dissertations, and more.
Mellel comes equipped with a superb set of tools for the job, allowing you to control every little aspect of your footnotes, track changes, cross-reference, table of contents, citations, images, bibliography, sorting, styles, lists, and so on - while keeping things well in control via its winning outline pane.
• A real work-horse: Mellel will remain agile and reliable even whether you're working on a simple letter or a 400 pages long manuscript with hundreds of notes, images, citations, headings and cross-references
• Reliability: Mellel works as promised. It doesn't crash, nor will it harm your documents. If you're looking for a tool to trust your valuable manuscript with - Mellel is it
• True multilingual support: Mellel was written from the ground up as a multilingual word processor. It offers the best support for languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and Syriac, not to mention Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Greek, Cyrillic languages, and so on
Advanced Writing Tools
• Footnotes and Endnotes: Mellel offers the best set of tools for footnotes and endnotes, with quality layout and control over every aspects of notes - including support for multiple note streams
• Cross Reference: Another best-of-breed feature. Reference everything, anywhere in your document, including parts you haven't written yet (virtual targets)
• Headings and titles: Yet another superb tool allowing you perfect control over style, numbering, repeating elements, and so on
• Bibliography support: Mellel supports Live Bibliography, citations, bibliography creation, scan re-scan and unscan, setting your own automatic styling for citations and bibliography, and other advanced bibliography features
• Table of contents: Mellel allows you to design your table of contents, create and update your ToC in a matter of seconds
• Word Count: Mellel doesn't just count words, it also allows you to set what to count, and enumerate citations, tables, images, headings and footnotes
• Complete paragraph control: Mellel's paragraph styles allow you to control hyphenation, keep with, spacing, alongside all the other standard features
• Text Control: With Mellel you can easily control how your text will look, from text stroke to baseline shift to the colour, thickness and shape of your double underline
• Graphics and images: allows you to set wrapping of text around images, frame, fill and opacity and many other features. Plus, it actually works instead of messing up your document
• Running headers: have your headers change with the chapters and sub-chapters in the document
Manage Your Document
• Outline: allows you to view your entire document, organise and reorder it
• Track Changes: allows you to track changes, and collaborate easily with multiple editors and writers
• Style sets: enables you to manage and streamline your page, column, note, list, paragraph, and character styles - and keep them consistent between documents
• Find and replace: Mellel supports a regular expression like language, and also allows you to save find actions and organise them in sets you can run once to make multiple changes
What's New in Version 3.4.2
• Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to fail to launch in 64 bit mode on Mac OS 10.6.x.
• Fixed a bug that caused Hyphenation not work.
• Fixed an issue that caused Arrow keys movements to behave incorrectly sometimes when editing annotations.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to open certain older .mell files.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash while creating a scanning for a Bibliography.
• Restored ability to drag and drop Find-Sets from the Find-Set dialogue to the Finder.
• Fixed problems with German, Spanish and Hebrew localisation, updated English and German help files.
• Fixed a bug that caused Check Spelling via the Spelling panel not to function.
• Fixed some truncated labels in the Note streams dropping sheet.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash with some font configurations.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash after inserting a mention while editing a Page style.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when typing using an input method inside a comment.
• Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to crash after editing an inline (Auto-title, Citation, Hyperlink) in its dialogue, when track-changes was on.
• Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to sometimes crash when typing using an input method (Japanese, Chinese, etc.)
• Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to open certain older files slightly incorrectly and then produce an un-openable file after saving.
• Added an ability to open and fix files that were corrupted by the previous bug.
• Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to render the st ligature in normal text with some fonts.
• Fixed an issue that caused bad fit with document view size, when opening the first document after launching, and causing jerky document view scaling when resizing the document window.
- USD 38.99
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 28 July 2015
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 101 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Ori Redler
- © 2002-2015 RedleX
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later