Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your friends many know the headlines, but you’ll know the details with WNET/Thirteen’s MetroFocus app. We keep you up-to-date with the latest news, weather and traffic, but also delve further into issues that matter to you with our signature and award- winning in-depth segments. Keep boredom at bay while browsing original articles, videos, photogalleries and podcasts covering local news, politics, arts and culture -- plus quirky and fun feature stories on the challenges and curiosities of life in the nation’s biggest metropolis. MetroFocus is the local multiplatform newsmagazine of New York’s premier public media company, WNET.
Features on this free application include:
- Top local news - Original news and feature stories plus our daily local roundup of the top ‘can’t-miss’ news headlines from other media.
- Customized local weather - Decide whether to bring an umbrella with daily, weekly and hour-by-hour info in real-time based on your location.
- Tools & Tips: Practical, actionable tips and tools to help you navigate life in and around New York City.
- Customizable local transit alerts : Plan your daily commute by subway, bus, bridge, tunnel, or commuter train with the real-time updates from the MTA, LIRR, and Metro-North.
- Multi-media coverage - with an easy way to create easy access to your favorite sections.
- Like It? Share It: Users can instantly forward any story to family or friends via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, SMS text & More.
- Got a tip? Share a news tip or a story idea with MetroFocus instantly.
What's New in Version 2.0
- All new design
- Updated daily
- Full episodes available for streaming