By Christof Steuper
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Platzrunde.DE" is an application for the iPhone/iPod or iPad and includes all the VFR Charts for the airfields and helicopter landing sites in Germany.
You need a registered account for downloading the content or update maps.
Registration is free, but for map updates you have to pay a fee.
During this time, there are monthly updates of the maps.
The download can be renewed at any time after the activation expired.
After expiration the app works as normal, but there are no more updates available.
The app replaces the older app "Platzrunde".
All customers which have purchased the older App "Platzrunde" last year
through the App Store, can get a free upgrade to the new app.
The update will be extended but only since the date of purchase for one year.
The switch to an annual update cycle is also due to licensing reasons.
The update of maps is done automatically via a download function in the APP.
The Download for the VFR-AIP Germany includes:
- 437 airfields
- 225 helicopter landing sites
- 1398 cards
- 300 MB
You can use the example account for simulating download or use the example mode:
All maps are copyright by DFS (Deutsche Flugsicherung).
Maps are not for operational use.
The APP is running out iPhoneOS Version 3.2
The map search is as easy as searching the phone book of the iPhone.
For easier access the maps are divided in Airports and Helicopter landing sites (Heliports).
In addition to the basic search and selection offers the APP following functions:
- Create your own favorite list with identification with different icons Airporst / Heliports
- Search for all existing maps
- Scroll and zoom in the displayed map
- full screen view in the map display
- portrait or landscape display in the map view
- brilliant map display on the iPhone or iPad display
- addionational airport information, such as Phone numbers, operating hours e.g.
- Help Site with detailed explanation of the App
Some charts are very detailled pdf Docs, so it takes some seconds too load, zoom or pan...
- integration of moving map for take-off and circling a chosen place
- automatic update via FTP connection
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168
- the IFR charts have been geocoded and can be flown with moving map
(cards with large scale figures are still true to scale, but no longer conformal, so it can cause minor variations in the position on the map to current position)
- in the tableview’s of the airports you can see the distance from current location to the respective airport
- there is a new page with the fuel prices of airports from which prices are known (currently 196), can be sorted by each fuel type. We try to keep it updated at least quarterly.
- revised favorites view
- the helicopter view can be hidden in the settings
- minor bug fixes and improvements
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 24 February 2014
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Size: 13.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Christof Steuper
- © Christof Steuper
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.