By Ombros Brands Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What better way to celebrate summer (or anytime of the year) than by taking a road trip? Nestled between Niagara Falls, Mount Rushmore, Alcatraz Island and dozens of other destinations are these nostalgic, gaudy, run-down and kitschy locations. Americans build roads to our greatest attractions such as the Grand Canyon, and we also build attractions for our greatest roads, like a giant palace made of corn.
Have you ever bought your milk while inside a milk bottle? Paid for your gas inside a teapot or a sea shell? Slept in a wigwam? Climbed on a dinosaur? Have you compared your foot size with that of Paul Bunyan? These and many more such activities attracted hometowners and tourists alike as millions of Americans took to the road when the automobile revolutionized American life. Some set off on ambitious cross-country trips; others on jaunts to neighboring states to visit newly opened national parks; and some simply crossed town for Sunday dinner or to pick up milk from the store.
Now you can explore the greatest road side attractions America has to offer, from our current major interstates to our mother roads such as historic Route 66, directly on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. With hundreds of the top roadside attractions and hundreds of high quality (retina supported) photos, you can learn the history and details of the top attractions thoughout the US.
Just a sample of some of the road side attractions include:
- The Blue Whale on Route 66 in Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Cadillac Ranch on Historic Route 66 near Amarillo, Texas
- Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota
- Jimmy Carter Peanut Statue on Route 45 outside Plains, Georgia
- Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox in Bemidji, Minnesota
- Uniroyal Giant Tire on Interstate 94 in Allen Park, Michigan
- Jolly Green Giant in Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Gemini Giant on Route 66 in Wilmington, Illinois
- Leaning Tower of Niles in Niles, Illinois
- World's Largest Ball of Twine in Cawker City, Kansas
- The Peachoid on Interstate 85 in Gaffney, South Carolina
- Haines Shoe House in Hallam, Pennsylvania
- And tons tons tons tons more!
Note, an Internet connection such as Wi-Fi IS NOT REQUIRED, so enjoy it anywhere!
- Category: Reference
- Released: 25 May 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ombros Brands Inc.
- © 2012 Ombros Brands Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.