Speedometer Speed Box
By Hans Schneider
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Awesome!!! The best speed app on iphone” 5 Stars by kurtonic
Speed Box is a Speedometer and GPS app for both your iPhone and iPad. It displays your current speed, distance, direction and altitude.
* MPH, KM/H and KNOTS
* One app for both the iPhone and iPad
* "Speak speed" - Tap screen to have the speed spoken to you
* 9 Analog and digital speedometers
* Maximum and average speed
* Digital compass
* HUD display to see speed in windshield
* Odometer to measure distance traveled
* Chart of the traveled speed and altitude
* Warning signal when driving too fast
* Export last 3 hours of data
* Change maximum displayed speed on speedometer
* Swipe finger over chart to display historic data
* Display GPS accuracy by tapping the indicator in the top left corner
5 Stars by Darekakuta
"Just what I needed. My '58 chev's speedo doesn't work. This did the trick."
5 Stars by Rawd
"Great My 79 Firebird speedo only goes to 140 kmh. ;). This worked perfectly."
"Within 1 mile per hour +/- Great Job!"
SpeedBox was one of the very early Speedometer Apps for the iPhone. Take advantage of my experience and the refined algorithms that can get a much greater accuracy from the iPhone then a lot of other apps. I regularly update my application to make it even more accurate and usable.
Users have already used our application to verify the accuracy of their car's speedometer or they tried measuring the speed they achieved while skiing. Can you come up with more ideas? How about measuring the speed of the airplane you travel with?
The "GPS strength" indicator in the top left corner should display a green dot. You can tap this indicator to display the current GPS accuracy.
Please allow the application up to a minute to find enough satellites to work correctly.
If you get a message to enable GSP, please go to ”Settings > General > Location Services“ on your iPhone and check if the little switch is set to "On" for Speed Box as well as for "Location Services" in general.
ATTENTION iPod touch users! Unfortunately this app doesn't work very well on the iPod touch and the iPad WiFI (without 3G) since these devices are missing a GPS!
If you've got any wishes or suggestions for new features, please let me know with the contact form on this application's website (see link below).
I am already working on the next update!
What's New in Version 5.2.4
* Finally squashed all bugs resetting the distance. I am so sorry for this, guys! :(
* Correctly convert km to miles when switching units
* Optimization for iOS7
Changes from earlier versions include:
* Added green accuracy indicator back. Grey means accduracy not high enough for good speed reading, Orange is kind of OK, but might be a bit off
* Tap and hold the odometer on the main screen for a second to reset
* Directly set threshold for speed warning by tapping the value on the settings page
Please rate or review my app in the AppStore if you like it. This helps me enormously and I just LOVE to hear from you guys!
- USD 4.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 04 October 2013
- Version: 5.2.4
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Hans Schneider
- © Hans M. Schneider
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.