OutDoors GB - GPS with OS Maps including 15 National Parks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Powerful GPS with 8 Map choices. Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
**NEW- OS Online Unlimited** Download your map regions for offline use as normal or subscribe for Nationwide online access to OS Maps on all devices including your PC/Mac.
***** Extremely easy to use and looks great. -[Trek & Mountain Magazine].
***** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. -[Stuff Magazine].
***** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! -[Outdoors Magazine].
OutDoors GPS makes it really easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence, so you can spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. With OutDoors in your pocket, there's no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
Here are 10 ways OutDoors GPS can help;
1. Dependable anywhere- no need for phone signal and works worldwide.
2. Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps).
3. Includes free OS Maps on your PC/Mac (with OS Online subscription- £9.95).
4. Download Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k in glorious high-resolution detail.
5. Huge, easy-to-manage OS map areas- always available.
6. Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps.
7. Create, find & follow routes in total confidence.
8. Share purchases & subscriptions across all your devices for free.
9. Record & share routes with statistics & elevation profile.
10. Integrated website (www.outdoorsgps.com) for route planning, sharing (200,000 free routes).
MORE ABOUT USING ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
•Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps.
•Free download of all 15 GB National Parks (1:50k OS Landranger maps).
•Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps.
•Includes free & Unlimited OS Maps for your PC/MAC (with OS Online subscription).
•Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k).
•Super fast map display, regardless of signal.
•Permanent downloads can be deleted and reinstalled anytime.
•Totally dependable, wherever you go in Great Britain.
MORE ABOUT OUR POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
•Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device.
•Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres.
•Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen.
•Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view.
•Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling).
•Find & download a route nearby.
•Create 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc).
•Share location or points of interest.
•250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool).
MORE ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND ONLINE COMMUNITY (92,000 MEMBERS)
•Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps.
•Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook).
•Find routes nearby or near anyplace.
•Comment and rate routes.
•Importing and exporting routes to your device (inc. GPX).
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7.5
New in this version
-This version changes default map to the normal, downloaded, offline OS Maps whenever app opens.
- Please try the Map Selector top left on map screen to select OS Online maps.
- Press Refresh Purchases to sync the OS Online Subscription with a second/third device.
VERSION 4.7- OS Online Unlimited Maps- iPhone6/6+ Optimised
Introducing OS Online
• Download your map regions for offline use as normal or subscribe for Nationwide online access to OS Maps on all devices including your PC/Mac.
• Select your map type with the Map Selector tool (top left icon on Map page).
• Unlimited OS Maps for 1 yearly fee.
• Includes Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k & Streetview 1:10k.
• Auto-store: keeps the last viewed 1000+ Map Tiles for offline use.
• Ideal for Road biking and MTB (and shorter hikes). Also perfect for planning routes in advance.
• View page 11 of the User Guide to compare map types.
IMPORTANT: Trying to use OS Online in areas of slow or no connection without previewing the map tiles will not be possible. If you do use OS Online for a hike after previewing the map tiles, remember to turn off Cellular Data to stop more maps being loaded and to save battery (huge difference).
How is OS Online different to my regular, OS Maps?
There will be no change to your existing, fully downloaded, lifetime maps. OS Online can be used instead of, or as well as, your existing, lifetime map purchases.
- USD 2.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 16 March 2015
- Version: 4.7.5
- Size: 176 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RoadTour
- © RoadTour
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.