By Pavel Ahafonau
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Winter sale! 50%-off! *** Spyglass is an essential GPS toolkit for outdoors and off-road navigation. Packed with tools it serves as binoculars, heads-up display, milspec compass with maps, gyrocompass, tactical GPS receiver, waypoint tracker, speedometer, altimeter, Sun, Moon and star finder, gyro horizon, rangefinder, coordinate converter, sextant, inclinometer, angular calculator and camera. It saves your custom places and waypoints, navigates precisely to them later, shows them on maps and using real-time augmented reality displays detailed GPS info, measures distances, sizes, angles, and does a lot more.
COMPASS & GYROCOMPASS
Accuracy improvement techniques, special compass modes and calibration methods available in Spyglass only make it a real instrument – made to military standards it’s the most advanced and accurate digital compass that also supports military units.
FINDER, TRACKER & AR NAVIGATION
Spyglass operates in 3D and uses augmented reality to show real-time object positions, info and directions to them overlaid over camera or maps.
Save current position, add points from maps, manually enter location coordinates and bearings, add stars by hand or use a built-in star catalogue.
Find saved places and objects later simply by following directional arrows.
Spyglass tracks multiple targets simultaneously and shows their info – distance, direction, azimuth, elevation and estimated time of arrival.
Copy, paste and share locations, coordinates and map links using many supported formats.
TACTICAL GPS, SPEEDOMETER & ALTIMETER
Find and track your location and get detailed real-time GPS data – coordinates in dozens of civil and military formats, altitude, course, current and maximum speed, using imperial, metric, nautical and military units.
See your and targets’ positions on maps using different map styles and alternative map providers – plan waypoints and measure distances.
TRACK STARS, SUN AND MOON & NAVIGATE BY STARS
Track positions of stars, Sun and Moon with arc second precision – use them as a reference to calibrate compass for maximum accuracy.
Measure distances to objects in real time with a rangefinder reticle similar to sniper sights.
SEXTANT, ANGULAR CALCULATOR AND INCLINOMETER
Find out heights of objects and distances to them – measure visually and calculate dimensions and distances.
Take pictures overlaid with all available GPS, positional and directional data.
DEMO & HELP
What's New in Version 3.7.7
v.3.7.7 fixes GPS issue on iOS prior to 8
v.3.7.5 improves compatibility with iOS 8 and new devices (read full details):
- better compatibility with iOS 8 and iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- 64-bit support and major code cleanup in preparation for bigger updates
- lots of improvements and bug fixes, including:
· smoother transition between 3D and 2D compass operation modes
· improved gyrocompass mode (see details below)
· gyrocompass adjustment retained in background on devices w/o compass
· runtime automatic camera field of view detection for precise AR mapping
· better camera support for all new devices (iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPad Air 2)
· improved camera access settings handling
· improved location access settings handling
· improved detection of long tap on the main screen
· improved user interface orientation handling
· landscape face up orientation support
· improved editing, text input and keyboard handling
· support of hiding of keyboard by sliding
· full support of native screen resolutions of new devices
· new icons optimized for new iOS and new devices
· fixed inverted sign of magnetic declination display
· fixed crash-alike behavior when app was closed and then shortly opened
· fixed crash that might happen because of lots of waypoints on a map
· fixed parsing of GEO: links with uppercase scheme part
· fixed hemisphere sign for longitudes on text format export
IMPROVED GYROCOMPASS MODE
The gyrocompass mode can now be used as a primary mode. Now in the gyrocompass mode the magnetic sensor is referenced continuously until a manual adjustment to the heading is made using the two finger sliding gesture. Unless the manual adjustment is in effect the app acts as a gyro-assisted magnetic compass.
If you've noticed a bug or have some troubles with setting up the app, please contact us via support form on our website.
If you find Spyglass useful, please help us spread the word by leaving a review. In case you've reviewed a previous version of Spyglass please resubmit it as ratings reset with each new update. It's very important as it allows us to continually improve the experience and helps other users decide whether the app is right for them. Thanks a lot for your support!
- USD 3.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 23 January 2015
- Version: 3.7.7
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Pavel Ahafonau
- © 2009-2015 Pavel Ahafonau
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.