Tablesaw Basics from Fine Woodworking
By Taunton Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you use a tablesaw, this is your must-have app for ensuring tablesaw safety, accurate setup, and proper use. Learn exactly what you need to know about safety, correct alignment, and essential cutting techniques, all brought to life with videos, touch screens, and more, from the experts at Fine Woodworking.
Our safe-start checklist makes it easy to inspect for potential problems before every work session. You'll master all the fundamentals thanks to detailed overviews of miter gauges, jigs, blades, and specialty cuts. And gain fresh new insights as author and furniture maker Kelly Mehler shares trade secrets for using tablesaws safely and efficiently.
With this take-it-anywhere app, you'll always be aware of critical safety issues and be ready to use your tablesaw like a pro.
- Safety checklist with safe-start feature
- Complete setup guide: blade and fence alignment for long-term accuracy
- Tips for ripping boards to width
- Using a riving knife and shop-made push sticks for safety
- Crosscutting to length, using the miter gauge
- Cutting joints: miters, tenons, grooves, rabbets, and dadoes
- Shop-made crosscut sled for everything a miter gauge can't handle
- Shop-made jig for tenoning
- Shop-made jig for finger joints
- How to make a zero-clearance throat plate and auxiliary fence for the miter gauge, for chip-free cuts
- How to use dado blades to cut quick dadoes, rabbets, and tenons
- Expert tips from Kelly Mehler, author of The Tablesaw Book
And to continue advancing your skills, check out our apps "Router Basics from Fine Woodworking" and "Bandsaw Basics from Fine Woodworking."
- USD 5.99
- Category: Lifestyle
- Released: 10 August 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 161 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Taunton Press
- © The Taunton Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.