Apple Remote Desktop
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Apple Remote Desktop is the best way to manage the Mac computers on your network. Distribute software, provide real-time online help to end-users, create detailed software and hardware reports, and automate routine management tasks — all from your own Mac.
-Easily copy and install software on remote Mac systems.
-Encrypt network data when copying packages and files.
-Configure a Task Server to assist with package installations on offline computers.
-Observe and control your Mac computers.
-Transfer files between Mac computers using Drag and Drop.
-Copy and paste information between any two computers.
-Prevent end-users from viewing the screen while you control their systems with Curtain Mode.
-Control Virtual Network Computing (VNC)–enabled computers including Windows, Linux and UNIX systems.
-Perform over a dozen commands securely on remote Mac systems.
-Remotely lock screens, sleep, wake, restart and shutdown of Mac systems.
-Execute UNIX shell scripts or commands on your client systems.
Asset Management and Reporting
-Perform lightning-fast searches with Remote Spotlight search.
-Gather reports on more than 200 Mac hardware attributes.
-See reports on user logins and application use.
-Use a Task Server to assemble inventory reports, even from mobile systems not connected to the network.
-Automate routine management tasks using Automator in OS X.
-Get started immediately with over 40 actions.
-Chain actions together to create powerful system administration workflows.
-Combine actions with other application actions to create end-to-end solutions.
-Save workflows as plug-ins to provide simple, customised interfaces to Apple Remote Desktop features.
What's New in Version 3.9
The Apple Remote Desktop 3.9 update improves usability, compatibility and reliability, and is recommended for all users.
• Allows users to export and restore an encrypted list of computers and user credentials
• Allows administrators to call attention to items on a remote screen using an assistant cursor
• Adds Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro (2016) computers
• Improves security when communicating with clients running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 or later
• Adds an optional compatibility mode for communicating with clients running any version of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, OS X Mavericks 10.9, or OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 and earlier
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 21 February 2017
- Version: 3.9
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 1994-2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.5 or later