Bubble Spectrum HD
By Bubble Imagineering Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
= Look for our Quads SP Single Player only game for iPhone / iPod touch
= Look for our full Quads MP (Single and Multiplayer) game for iPad in HD
= Look for our Quads SP single player only version iPad in HD
= Also take a look at our other scientific apps
Bubble Imagineering brings you Bubble Spectrum for the iPad. Utilizing the fantastic new screen real-estate these great devices offer, we have been able to improve the main interface by making almost all main parameterizable functionalities non-scrolling. We have also been able to add a table view of the data set right onto the main spectrum viewing window.
This application is for anyone who is taking physics doing double and single slit experiments who want a reference of what they're looking at (or should be seeing). It is for astrophysicists, who want a similar reference that they can take with them. This app is also just fun to use, something that really doesn't exist with some of these capabilities (zoom and pan, non-visible range viewing, etc...).
This is an application that utilizes (internally held NIST based) data files representing the lines of the spectrum that each element of the periodic table will emit (and absorb) when energized. It displays these spectral lines as an image.
The user can zoom in or out to get better resolution, pan (visible and non-visible ranges), view each element with or without the full spectrum on top, cut down the view to the requested ionization levels, and more.
Look for our newest addition "Quads", which is a new block breaker based game in both single and multiplayer versions for the iPad. We hope this is a fun new and challenging addition to an old favorite. Also soon to be released for the iPhone.
Look also for Bubble Chemicals Lite for iPhone and iPad, Bubble Spectrum for iPhone, as well as Bubble False Images for iPhone (also soon to be on iPad).
Thanks for looking and purchasing :-)
Visit our Facebook Fan site at:
Leave feedback, comments, etc… we are always looking to better our products for our customers :-)
What's New in Version 2.00.68
• Updated Spectral Database
• App has been completely updated to be Retina capable
• Elements Listing
o Sort the elements list by atomic number or element name
o Sort high-to-low or low-to-high
o Now has indexed scrolling (in all sort modes)
o Sorting Options now menuized
o All sorting options can now be stored as your startup defaults
o View the elements as a periodic table instead of a list. Look at the menu of options in the list view to find this option.
o View the table of elements by their respective ionization (each ionization is filled like a histogram with each bin filled as high as the percentage of total lines for that element) counts and tap either the element name (to display the element with all ionizations activated) or a single ionization (to display that element with only that tapped ionization level activated). Look at the menu of options in the list view to find this option.
• Spectrum Display
o Fully Retina compatible utilizing the full resolution for Spectral Display
o Completely re-written drawing engine
o All spectrum display options are now in a menu so they don’t take up screen real estate
o All spectrum display options can now be stored as your startup defaults (just tap the “save” button in the menu)
o Data table view can now be minimized to allow the spectral display to utilize ~90% of the screen
o Removed uWaves button and made the maximum displayable wavelength 1,000,000. There are no lines in the database above 1,000,000 anyway.
o Greatly improved (for stability) pinch zooming algorithms
o More intelligent wavelength tick marks (floating point as well)
o Greatly improved drawing speed (even for extremely wide wavelength widths)
o Improved spectral data table mobility with page up / down (timed repeating), list top / bottom and a segmented list
o Data table can now be minimized by tapping the arrow (just) right of the “Table View” text header
• New Spectral Display Options
o Choose to display the spectral output in reverse (max to min instead of min to max referencing from left to right)
o Choose from 4 different algorithms for utilization of the relative intensity values (relative intensity normalization)
o Choose from 4 different algorithms for Spectral Line Intensity aliasing
o Choose from 2 different algorithms for displaying the human visible range
• 400 to 700
• 380 to 780
o Added the ability to view spectral line relative intensities as a histogram at full line intensity
• External keyboard commanding
o Spectrum View
• Left and right arrow keys (without modifier) move spectrum left or right by 1 pixel (not by a mm wavelength)
• Left or right arrow keys with control key modifier will move the spectrum by 10 pixels
• Left or right arrow keys with option-alt key will move the spectrum by 100 pixels
• Left or right arrow keys with command key will move the spectrum by 512 pixels
• Up and down arrow keys alone zoom in or out by 1 pixel on each side (2 pixels total)
• Up and down arrow keys with the control key will zoom in or out by 10 pixel on each side (20 pixels total)
• Up and down arrow keys with the option-alt key will zoom in or out by 100 pixel on each side (200 pixels total)
• Up and down arrow keys with the command key will zoom in or out by 512 pixel on each side (1024 pixels total)
• All other keyboard options can be discovered by looking at the menu (look for the underlined character of the option and use the command key plus the underlined character to set an option by keyboard rather than tap)
- USD 2.99
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 19 April 2015
- Version: 2.00.68
- Size: 104 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bubble Imagineering Inc
- © Bubble Imagineering Inc. 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.