Build A Word Express - Practice spelling and learn letter sounds and names
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Top 30 Favorite Free Apps at http://www.smartappsforkids.com
**Good App of the Day at http://www.smartappsforkids.com
**Dolch's Sight Word List and more +create your own SPELLING lists**
*** Option: Spelling Lists vs. Phonics Spelling Lists ***
► option to create a list of spelling words (type in the new word and record your voice)!
► Built-In Phonics Lists with separate lists for word families
► Built-In Spelling Lists with separate lists for Long Vowels …, Dolch’s Word Lists (Primer, …)
►audio and/or visual prompt
► PROFESSIONAL narration or child’s narration
► three modes: Learn, Practice and Test (quiz)
► upper or lower case letters
► optional Montessori-style color coding of vowels and consonants
► immediate sound feedback heard upon tapping the correct/incorrect letter
► positive reinforcement lowers affective filters making learning a more engaging and enjoyable process
► focus is put on letter recognition, word recognition, as well as on word/letter association
► ACCESSIBILITY options to for VISUALLY impaired and those struggling with fine motor skills
► option for custom made features for special needs students
► child proof SETTINGS button (press and hold)
Build A Word Spelling – School Edition Application helps children as young as three learn how to spell. Children are motivated through positive reinforcement in the form of a fun balloon popping game (optional) offered after each successfully "written" word.
Advantage for Special Need Students:
* option of using blank background helps children focus on letters only
* option to choose high-contrast background for visually impaired
* option to choose answer method: drag&drop or simple tap
* the letters are easy to spot due to big letter cards
* no frustration since visual and audio prompts in the Learn Mode lead the child step by step through the correct spelling process
*the right spelling technique becomes salient since the app leads the child step by step through spelling allowing dragging one letter at a time in the correct order
* choose any number of redundant letters: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
* wrong letters become obvious with the help of immediate sound feedback heard after tapping the wrong letter
* repetition of audio prompt helps with hearing and remembering the word and letters
@Reks (aka AtReks) Apps are designed in compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA).
- Does not contain ads.
- Does contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by @Reks in the iTunes App Store hidden in the settings section behind child-proof settings button (press and hold).
What's New in Version 3.4
-Minor bug fixes
@Reks would like to thank all the teachers and parents for their support and helpful feedback. Making our apps work for every student is our top priority!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: 15 March 2014
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: natasa gajic
- © @Reks
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.