By Mark Allan
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
ClamXav is a free virus scanner for Mac OS X. It uses the very popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine as a back end and has the ability to detect both Windows and Mac threats.
- Scan only the files you tell it to, or your entire hard drive, whichever you prefer.
- Clean, simple-to-use interface.
- Clearly lists infected files.
- Free virus definitions (usually updated daily)
- Save your favourite scan locations for easy access.
- Customise the toolbar - or hide it entirely.
- Send selected files to quarantine or trash with one click.
- Specify files to exclude using plain text, regular expressions, or by using drag & drop from the Finder.
- Specify schedules to update virus definitions and perform scans.
What's New in Version 2.6.4
Updated ClamAV Engine to 0.98.4