By Simha Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ConZentrate is a featured app on the elephant journal by Ricardo Das Neves. Read here http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/02/10-apps-to-propel-your-spiritual-practice/. ConZentrate was also featured on the website www.yogawave.com belonging to Ricardo Das Neves. I would like to thank Ricardo Das Neves for the reference.
ConZentrate helps to improve the focus of the mind.Conzentration app makes it
a fun event by setting goals that you can achieve and at the same time allowing you improve your concentration.
The original name for this technique is called as Trataka in Sanskrit.
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras mentions this as "Ekatattva Abhayasa". It means the practise of One reality. Trataka is the
fixing of one's gaze, either externally or internally, on a point of attention. Together with this process,
a breathing exercise may have to be practiced to calm the disturbances in the mind.
More on Trataka Meditation can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trataka.
Benefits of Trataka or ConZentrate are
- Improves concentration, memory and mental power
- Some cases have shown to give spiritual powers
- Reduces stress and tension
- Improves motiviation power and foresight
The best way to use the app is
Focus on the moving ball and/or the sound of Om in the background.
Let your breath relax as you are doing the above step.
Once the mind is calmer then try focusing on the center Om or the dot.
The features in the app include
- Home screen to choose between Conzentration and Settings.
- Settings screen that allows choosing the time from 1 minute to 10 minutes for your conzentration and 2 different backgrounds that suit your mood.
- Clicking done takes you to the conzentrating screen so you can practice.
If you feel strained or stressed then stop immediately and let your mind/body system relax.
What's New in Version 7.0
- Major look and feel changes.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 11 November 2013
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Simha Studios LLC
- © Simha Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.