Jeppesen Mobile FD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JEPPESEN FLITEDECK 2.7 HAS ARRIVED
The paperless cockpit is here!
Jeppesen FliteDeck 2.7 provides pilots with increased tactical capabilities in the cockpit and an intuitive user interface that’s designed around a pilot’s workflow. We continuously update the app based on direct feedback from pilots to deliver maximum usability with minimal heads-down time. Jeppesen FliteDeck features high quality data in a variety of cost-effective subscription packages to meet your needs.
STREAMLINE the ENTIRE FLIGHT PROCESS and leave your paper charts behind.
You demand a solution that streamlines planning and places reliable, up-to-the-minute navigation information at your fingertips so that you can make critical safety and operational decisions.
FliteDeck 2.7 delivers exciting new capabilities that take integrated, data-driven technology to a new level—without cumbersome paper charts.
LOOK WHAT FLITEDECK OFFERS
These key features simplify decision-making and improve situational and operational awareness.
• Interactive, dynamically rendered charts and data—all backed with Jeppesen quality.
• Best-in-class, optimized, vector image rendering of updated chart data delivered directly to iPad; giving you the ability to view charts and notes dynamically at the desired zoom level.
• State-of-the-art user-centered design is based on pilot feedback; you have the tactical capabilities you need, without complexity.
• Immediate access from anywhere in the world to Jeppesen’s global library of terminal charts, change notices and text.
• VFR and cultural data layer that is worldwide to support VFR operations, VFR specific data points coverage for contiguous United States and select parts of Europe.
• GPS functionality allows you to follow the flight route with a spotter, or own-ship position views and moving map for enroute charts.
• Own-ship position appears on geo-referenced airport and approach terminal charts, provided GPS accuracy requirements are met.
• At-a-glance distance measurement tool—when own-ship is enabled, off-map position distance is automatically calculated.
• SIDs and STARs can be rendered directly on the Enroute Moving Map.
• Upon landing, FliteDeck automatically switches to the airport diagram.
• Ability to configure information on your enroute map by selecting or de-selecting airports, airways, waypoints, airspace, NAVAIDs and terrain.
• CTA DME step values are displayed.
• Fast rendering capabilities, opening, and download speeds combined with low storage-space requirements save you time—no waiting.
FLITEDECK is EASY and INTUITIVE, for increased situational awareness and decision support.
• You have up-to-date information through all stages of flight, to help you make better decisions.
• Flight plan route integration so you can quickly import your route.
• Custom keyboard features both letters and numbers on the same keyboard.
• Brightness functionality and night theme integrated within the app improves both day and night operations.
• Highlighting tool allows you to easily highlight taxi instructions and route.
• Preview charts quickly and add them to your chart clip for easy reference.
• Choose individual weather selections to download.
• Track-up display makes the enroute display easy to read, even when flying south.
• Lock button secures a particular view of the chart, so you won’t lose the view if you accidentally touch the screen.
• Easy-to-interpret GPS-connectivity symbols mean you never have to leave the app to check signal strength.
• Rubber banding functionality and the ability to add user waypoints and alternate airports make route planning quick and simple.
• FliteDeck is integrated with Aspen Avionics hardware so route information can be exchanged.
What's New in Version 2.7.0
Special considerations are associated with updating from Mobile FliteDeck version 2.6 to version 2.7.
The update process requires that you redownload enroute and cultural data, as well as any selected manuals. The time necessary to download and perform the enroute data update depends on the speed of the Internet connection and the size of your coverage area.
Ensure that you have the necessary time and bandwidth to complete the update before you begin the update procedure.
In addition to being compatible with iOS 9, Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck 2.7, released October, 2015, introduced the following new functionalities and enhancements:
• Display of a VFR Enroute Theme
• Filtering of Enroute Map Objects
• New and Improved Cultural Data
• Support App to App sharing with AVPlan, Rocket Route, FlightMan & FltPlan.com
• Display of ATC Clearances
• Enhanced Flight Plan Integration with JetPlanner.com, JetPLan.com & Jeppesen Flight Plan Online
• Improved User Waypoint Interaction
• Flight Plan Integration
• Simplified Mid-Cycle Chart Revision Interaction
• Improved Access to In-App Help Information
• Improved Pan and Zoom Interaction
Why Jeppesen FliteDeck?
•Best data and charting available; quality checked and rechecked for accuracy.
•Import and interlace your company charts with Jeppesen charts and access them from a single point.
•Ability to import routes from a flight planning system and share flight information.
•FliteDeck is easy to learn and use, because of its intuitive design—it just makes sense.
•It is a complete solution—quality charting and data, tested user experience, training, support and services designed to help you be completely mobile.
•Airport Diagram – it is comprehensive. All of the information needed including obstacle departure procedures are all organized in one place where you need it and when you need it.
•SIDs/STARs – it’s on the chart ! Only Jeppesen will draw these complicated SIDs/STARs onto the Enroute Moving Map specific to the runway departing or arriving to.
•Night Mode. Only Jeppesen has night mode for both en-route charts and all plates. No other app has that.
•A single chart view. Jeppesen add value by representing on a single chart features of both IFR and VFR charts where they can add or remove features from a single chart view. Others only have imagery of specific chart types.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 02 November 2015
- Version: 2.7.0
- Size: 134 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jeppesen
- Copyright © 2015 Jeppesen. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.